Guess what you guys? This weekend is the 47th Super Bowl. I had to do a Google search to figure that one out. It is gonna be held in New Orleans. While it is on I will not watch. I will be out skiing. I will however make more of these Stuffed Zucchini Boats to munch on.
This simple to prepare recipe would be great for game day nibbles and aprés ski snacks.
Be sure to have all kinds of toppings and a whole bunch of cheese ready. They come together in just minutes.
By the way….I am on a super fun trip in Northern Minnesota right now.
Enjoying nature, shootin’ guns and stuff.
Hope you love my puppy chapeau as much as I do!
Let’s get back to zucchini…
You can prep your zucchini ahead of time by trimming them in half lengthwise and scooping out the seeds with a melon baller.
Have fun with your fillings and toppings.
Olive oil, minced garlic, baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, cilantro and white cheeses are our favorites.
Top with smoked turkey, ham, artisan salami, crumbled sausage….you get the drift.
I purchased amazing artisan cheese at my favorite cheese shop in Telluride, Over the Moon.
Also that fennel pollen salami. Yup. Fennel pollen.
These are so tasty when all the flavors melt together.
Go right on ahead and slap on some avocado slices. You will be very glad you did.
The bubbly cheese is pure heaven!
What will you put on your zucchini boats?
- 2 Zucchini
- Olive Oil
- minced Garlic
- handful Cilantro
- Baby Spinach
- handful of sliced or shredded Cheese (Provolone, Mozzarella, Feta, etc)
- Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- sliced Avocado
- thinly sliced Turkey, Ham, Prosciutto, etc.
- Pre heat oven to 400 F with the rack in the middle. Trim the ends off the zucchini. Slice in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds with a melon baller and discard. Place zucchini on a foil lined baking dish. Drizzle inside the boats with olive oil. Spoon in minced garlic, layer in baby spinach, cherry tomato halves, cilantro and some cheese. Bake for 20 minutes pull out of the oven. Top with salami, avocado, deli meats and some more cheese. Broil (watching carefully) for a few minutes until the cheese is melted. Finish with fresh cilantro.
Zucchini Recipe Links
- Minty Asparagus and Zucchini Fritter Drizzle and Drip
- Pan Fried Zucchini with Lemon and Parmesan Never Enough Thyme
Vietnamese Stir Fry Slim Palate
- Zucchini Ribbons My San Francisco Kitchen
- Zucchini “Spaghetti” With Kale Pesto Sauce Our Earth Land
- Zucchini Sticks with Garlic Chipotle Aioli Damn Delicious