Quinoa Stuffed Pears. A playful recipe I couldn’t wait to share with you.
Dash into your kitchen now and thank me later…
No matter what time of day you decide to have this you will be very pleased you did.
Get yourself some juicy pears.
Make a quick and easy filling with quinoa, coconut oil (or non-vegan ghee), dried fruits, nuts, coconut flake. Got any other ideas? Go ahead and try them out for size.
Be sure to let me know what you come up with. All’s good.
Here are a few more breakfast quinoa recipes you might like:
- Acorn Squash Quinoa Breakfast Porridge
- Fruit and Egg Quinoa Breakfast Parfaits
- Maple Banana Toasted Almond Quinoa
- Quinoa Sweet Potato Breakfast Bake
- 1/2 cup (100 g) dry Quinoa, cook according to package directions
- 4 Pears
- Lemon Juice
- pinch of fine Sea Salt
- pinch of ground Cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons melted Coconut Oil (or Ghee if not vegan)
- 1/4 cup (30 g) chopped Nuts (Walnuts, Pecans, Almonds)
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup (I like Grade B)
- 1/4 cup (40 g) Dried Fruit (Blueberries, Cranberries, diced Apricots)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Coconut Flake
- Coconut Cooking spray
- Vegan Whipped Cream
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F with the rack in the middle. Cook quinoa according to package directions. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Cut pears in half. Flatten the bottom of the pears so they lay flat. Scoop out a pocket inside each half with a melon baller or grapefruit spoon. Wipe flesh with some lemon juice do the pears don't brown. Spray baking dish with coconut oil and lay pears in the dish, scoop side up.
- Combine quinoa with with 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil and the rest of the ingredients. Stuff pears with quinoa mixture. Drizzle the remainder 2 tablespoons of coconut oil over the tops. Bake 15-20 minutes or until the pears are soft. Top with vegan whipped cream before serving.
Quinoa Recipe Links
- Apple and Berry, Walnut Breakfast Quinoa She Bakes Here
- Cranberry Orange Quinoa My Food Diary
- Persimmon Cranberry Breakfast Quinoa Taste Love & Nourish
- Quinoa Au Lait with Spicy Berry Marmalade
- Quinoa Breakfast in a Jar What’s Cooking Good Looking?
- Quinoa Rice Pudding Full Fork Ahead