Is everyone ready for the long weekend? Time off to enjoy family, friends and in my case lots of skiing & eating…
This Rustic Roasted Beets & Sweet Potato Salad is simple to prepare and well worth spending just a little bit of time in the kitchen.
Remember my Maple Citrus Roasted Pecans? They are in this salad too. They offer up crunchy sweet satisfaction.
Dress this salad however you wish. I like a citrus dressing, just a simple twist of fresh lemon and olive oil.
Roasting root veggies (any veggies really) brings out so much flavor. A few times a week I take a few giant sheet pans, chop up vegetables and roast the heck out of them. Here are a few recipes you might like with roasted veggies:
- Almond Roasted Heirloom Tomatoes
- Citrus Cranberry Roasted Beets
- Roasted Kale Chips
- Roasted Rainbow Carrots Two Ways
Another wintery salad you gotta check out is my Bacon, Sweet Potato, Pomegrante Spinach Salad.
For good measure you have to add some creamy avocado chunks to this too.
What are your favorite ingredients to add to a winter salad?
- 1 bunch of Beets
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt
- Black Pepper
- a drizzle Maple Syrup
- 1 Avocado
- Baby Spinach Leaves
- Maple Roasted Pecans
- Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees F with the racks in the middle. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper or Silpat liner. Slice the beets and sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch sticks. Drizzle with olive oil and maple syrup. Toss with your hands adding some cinnamon, garlic salt and pepper. Bake for about 40-45 minutes until slightly browned, caramelized and very soft.
- Plate spinach leaves with roasted beets and sweet potatoes. Top with avocado and maple pecans. Serve with lemon juice and olive oil or any favorite salad dressing.
Winter Salad Recipe Links
- Citrus Salad with Rosemary and Olives The Tart Tart
Escarole Lentil Salad with Sweet Potatoes Family Style Food
- The Best Winter Salad Boulder Locavore
- Sweet Potato Pomegranate Salad Love and Lemons
- Winter Pear Salad with Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette Damn Delicious