Spaghetti Squash Baked Eggs with Salami & Parmesan

by Marla on February 27, 2013 · 62 comments

Spaghetti Squash Baked Eggs with Salami & Parmesan | recipe on FamilyFreshCooking.com

It’s about time I shared a recipe for baked eggs around here. Whenever I see a photo of them online I stop and gawk. Is it OK to say they take my breath away? All right, that might sound a bit too much, but really they do. Food and photo obsessed, that’s me.

Thank goodness I am a food blogger so I can tame my obsessions by cooking and photographing my dreams…..and sharing them here with you!

Baked eggs ~ the perfect meal for any time of day.

Nourishing comfort food. Add spaghetti squash in the mix and you don’t even need that side of toast.

All this greatness is waiting for ya in one bowl of JOY! You can bake these mini casseroles like this, as individual portions or in one large casserole dish.

What could be more thrilling than poking your fork into a softly baked egg that dribbles all over cheesy spaghetti squash?

Hope you like the addition of artisan salami. You can go with or without. But with is much, much better.

A little goes a long way.

The beauty of baked eggs (or shirred eggs) is that the whole meal is made in one oven safe ramekin or bowl. How perfect is that ~ a great meal & limited clean up.

Easy portion control too here. Just stick to what’s in your ramekin and not mine…

These eggs would be really nice served for Easter brunch and breakfast. Also lovely for a shower.

Do you have any favorite recipes for baked eggs?

Spaghetti Squash Baked Eggs with Salami & Parmesan

• 8 Eggs
  • Cooking Spray
  • Topping
  • chopped Green Onion
  • more Salami pieces

Spaghetti Squash
  • Poke several holes in squash to release steam as it cooks. Cook for about 15 minutes in the microwave until completely soft. Also you can bake in the oven at 375 F for about 45-55 minutes until cooked through. You will need to pierce holes through the squash no matter which method you choose.
  • Let squash cool a bit. Cut in half, remove seeds and scoop out spaghetti. Place in a large bowl and discard seeds. Toss spaghetti squash with olive oil, garlic salt, pepper, smoked paprika, parmesan and salami.
  • Eggs
  • Preheat oven to 375 F with the rack in the middle. Spray four large ramekins or bowls with cooking spray. Add 3/4 cup of spaghetti sqaush mixture to each. Gently crack 2 eggs over the tops of each bowl. Place bowls on a cookie sheet. Bake for about 20-25 minutes depending on how runny you want your eggs. Top with chopped green onion and some more salami.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

Baked Eggs Recipe Links

1 Marian (Sweetopia) February 27, 2013 at 5:24 am

Oh Marla, this breakfasts looks like it’s going to be a favorite for me – all my favorite flavours in one!

2 Maria February 27, 2013 at 5:25 am

Such a pretty egg dish!

3 Rosa February 27, 2013 at 5:26 am

Scrumptious! This combination is great.

4 Tieghan February 27, 2013 at 5:46 am

Yum! I love spaghetti squash and this looks like an awesome way to use it! Trying soon!

5 Liz @ The Lemon Bowl February 27, 2013 at 5:48 am

Those egg are gorgeous!!

6 Jenny Flake February 27, 2013 at 5:52 am

Diggin’ these eggs and LOVING your silverware! Those polka dots are so cute! :)

7 Kevin @ Closet Cooking February 27, 2013 at 6:25 am

These would make for an amazing tasty breakfast!

8 Bev @ Bev Cooks February 27, 2013 at 7:08 am

Ooooooooo I wonder if I could fit inside one of these.

9 Marla February 28, 2013 at 2:57 am

Bev, you could certainly try. I’ll help you get out if you get stuck ;)

10 Brianna February 27, 2013 at 7:14 am

Thank you for posting this recipe, my husband insists on having eggs every morning for breakfast. I like to keep things interesting…and these look delish! They’d be great for a Sunday morning brunch as well. :)

11 Marla February 28, 2013 at 2:56 am

So happy I could help with your egg pursuits! Hope your hubs likes this recipe :)

12 Megan {Country Cleaver} February 27, 2013 at 7:36 am

Eggs are great any time of day! I never would have thought to add in spaghetti squash – but it’s brilliant and this is beautimus.

13 Marla February 28, 2013 at 3:21 am

Megan, the squash is not only a tasty ~ but a fun healthy twist :) Hope you get to try soon!

14 Erin Nissen February 27, 2013 at 7:47 am

Hey there Mountain Girl,
I have been printing so many of your FAB recipes… YUM!!!! Enjoy the snow, it looks AMAZING!!!

15 Marla February 28, 2013 at 3:22 am

Hi Erin!! I miss you bunches. Can’t wait to see you guys this summer to PLAY!! You MUST get out here next winter to ski too ~ I will gladly convince you to do so ;)

16 Erin Nissen March 1, 2013 at 1:02 pm

I miss you too!! We are really looking forward to seeing you this summer and we must ski with you soon. I am off to the store to make another one of your beautiful creations ; )

17 Laura (Tutti Dolci) February 27, 2013 at 8:42 am

I love Olli salami! Perfect addition to these egg cups.

18 Marla February 28, 2013 at 3:29 am

Laura, Olli is such a happy recent discovery! Obsessed with this fennel one and must try the others soon :)

19 naomi February 27, 2013 at 8:57 am

I’m with you, I love eggs in general, but I also stop and gawk when I see them Pinterest.

20 Marla February 28, 2013 at 3:29 am

Ha! Funny how that happens huh ;)

21 Debra February 27, 2013 at 9:19 am

Wow! Gorgeous pictures. These look delicious and sound really tasty! I wish we could find spaghetti squash around here.. there’s so much one can do with it. Love this post!

22 Marla February 28, 2013 at 3:44 am

Debra….I fear the day I cannot find my favorite spaghetti squash ;) Been seeing less and less of it at the store lately….

23 Carla @ Carlas Confections February 27, 2013 at 9:27 am

Salami is one of my favorite meats ever! I love that addition. And baked eggs. And spaghetti squash. I really want to dig into one (or all) of those ramekins right now! And I seriously love that aqua blue back board. I need to make some more photo boards :)

24 Julie @ Table for Two February 27, 2013 at 9:35 am

this is so gorgeous and such a simple yet elegant dish!! i LOVE that salami, omg, i probably wouldn’t be able to stop eating it :)

25 Marla February 28, 2013 at 3:45 am

Julie, that’s what those little ramekins are for ~ easy portion control ;)

26 kirsten@FarmFreshFeasts February 27, 2013 at 9:45 am

Marla,
Seeing your eggs makes me long for spring to arrive so I can start getting eggs with my CSA farm share! I know they’re all the same inside, but I love grabbing those green eggs first.
This looks delicious–I just need a spaghetti squash. And artisan salami. I did have artisan Lebanon Bologna from Hickman’s in Delaware, but used the last bit of it up in Caldo Verde because the soup at Putney Farm looked just too good.
So, more items to add to my shopping list, because this made me hungry!
Thanks!

27 Marla February 28, 2013 at 3:46 am

Ooooo that bologna sounds great! Ham, salami, bacon, bologna ~ all would be swell. I know what you mean about those green eggs ~ stunners!

28 Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen February 27, 2013 at 9:52 am

Such a smart combination! I’ve been in the mood for spaghetti squash lately.

29 Julia {The Roasted Root} February 27, 2013 at 10:09 am

I’m a big fan of eggs, myself! We have them just about every morning for breakfast and the ol’ bf won’t eat anything else…try as I might to encourage oatmeal with fresh fruit, he’s on non-stop egg train ;) This is such a clever recipe and is perfect for changing up our morning scramble! :)

30 Marla February 28, 2013 at 3:47 am

Love that egg train! We ride it too ~ tho not every day ;)

31 Bree {Skinny Mommy} February 27, 2013 at 10:24 am

How creative! I love it!

32 HeatherChristo February 27, 2013 at 10:44 am

This looks like it is tasty body fuel and I love all of the different textures and colors!

33 Marla February 28, 2013 at 3:48 am

Thanks Heather ~ gotta love that “tasty body fuel.” Well put!

34 Caroline @ chocolate & carrots February 27, 2013 at 11:16 am

These look so great! All I’ve ever done with spaghetti squash is literally made it like spaghetti with marinara. What a way to make it your own! :)

35 Averie @ Averie Cooks February 27, 2013 at 11:47 am

I took some photos of locally raised eggs when I was in Aruba in Dec and they were the prettiest eggs I’ve ever seen…and I love your egg pics and they are perfect!

36 Marla February 28, 2013 at 3:47 am

I know it Averie, nothing like those local farm fresh eggs! Perfect photo subjects and to eat!

37 Kiran @ KiranTarun.com February 27, 2013 at 12:04 pm

I totally have a crush on eggs — a foodie crush, that’s it!

What a great use of spaghetti squash and salami in this recipe. Yum :)

38 Marla February 28, 2013 at 3:48 am

I understand the crush completely ;)

39 Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet February 27, 2013 at 12:56 pm

I LOVE baked eggs! So easy to feed a family this kind of breakfast! PS: Your polka dot knife – SWOON!

40 Marla February 28, 2013 at 3:50 am

Thanks Anna!

41 zerrin February 27, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Hi Marla! I am obsessed with eggs and this looks so tempting! I love the additon of salami and green onion on the top!

42 MikeVFMK February 27, 2013 at 1:38 pm

I absolutely love baked eggs! I had never thought of an ingredient like spaghetti squash or anything outside the box like that. I can imagine just how great it was! and love the snaps too Marla!

43 Marla February 28, 2013 at 3:50 am

Hi Mike! Great to see you over here :) You know I LOVE to think outside of the box!!

44 Gaby February 27, 2013 at 5:58 pm

yummmmmmmm

45 Aimee @ Simple Bites February 27, 2013 at 6:21 pm

These photos are gorgeous! And those eggs are making me miss my chickens.

46 Marla February 28, 2013 at 3:51 am

Awwwww. We gotta get you (and me) some more chickens!

47 Andrea DiGeronimo February 27, 2013 at 6:39 pm

I am also obsessed…. with your amazing recipes, beautiful styling, colors, and photography!
What the heck kind of table is that with the blue and other colors? Dying for that! Did you do that or buy it like that? LOVE IT!
xxoo, Andrea

48 Marla February 28, 2013 at 3:52 am

Thanks Andrea! that “table” you like is actually a board I painted a while back. Got loads of ‘em in different colors….you need to come on over to check them out. I’ll bake you these eggs while you are here ;)

49 Reem | Simply Reem February 27, 2013 at 9:53 pm

Beautiful!!!
I love eggs … This is such a beautiful dish…

50 Marla February 28, 2013 at 3:52 am

Thanks so much Reem!

51 Jun February 28, 2013 at 4:20 am

Oh I love baked eggs! I do the boring eggs with tomato sauce and ham. I will be sure to add some leftover pasta next time around. Gorgeous napkin!

52 Gina February 28, 2013 at 10:00 am

That looks absolutely delectable Marla!!! YUM!

53 Sweetsugarbelle February 28, 2013 at 10:59 am

This is always the perfect place for me when I need a dose of simple beauty. I love looking at the world through your eyes! My egg hating hubby is heading out for the weekend. This is definitely making an appearance in his absence!!!

54 Marla March 1, 2013 at 3:08 am

Awwww, you are so sweet! Thank you. Glad you get to enjoy some eggs this weekend :)

55 Kalyn February 28, 2013 at 7:21 pm

What a great looking recipe! And thanks for mentioning my baked eggs with mushrooms!

56 Jo March 1, 2013 at 7:33 am

I made this for breakfast this morning because I had some leftover steamed spaghetti squash in the fridge. It was so tasty! Since I was just making a single serving, I added a tsp of olive oil to 1c of squash, tossed with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and then put my eggs on top. I didn’t have salami, so I partially cooked a piece of bacon diced up and sprinkles that on top of the eggs to finish cooking on the eggs. Thank you for the fabulous recipe! I forgot the parmesan – will have to remember that next time!

57 Paula - bell'alimento March 2, 2013 at 9:46 am

I love everything about this bowl of goodness.

58 Kathy Steger @FoodWineThyme March 5, 2013 at 7:02 pm

That artisan salami looks amazing

59 Anna @ Garnish with Lemon March 31, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Hi Marla, I made these for Easter brunch today, and they were a HUGE hit! Love the unexpected use of spaghetti squash, and the Olli salami knocked my socks off. Thanks for helping to make our celebration so yummy!

60 Marla March 31, 2013 at 7:01 pm

Hi Anna! Sooooo thrilled that you guys all enjoyed this recipe so much. I am honored that you shared it with your guests for Easter :) Thanks for reminding me ~ I need to get more of that Olli salami stat!

61 Lisa | With Style and Grace April 1, 2013 at 6:03 pm

love that you added spaghetti squash to an egg dish. so beautiful, marla!