It’s about time I shared a recipe for baked eggs around here. Whenever I see a photo of them online I stop and gawk. Is it OK to say they take my breath away? All right, that might sound a bit too much, but really they do. Food and photo obsessed, that’s me.
Thank goodness I am a food blogger so I can tame my obsessions by cooking and photographing my dreams…..and sharing them here with you!
Baked eggs ~ the perfect meal for any time of day.
Nourishing comfort food. Add spaghetti squash in the mix and you don’t even need that side of toast.
All this greatness is waiting for ya in one bowl of JOY! You can bake these mini casseroles like this, as individual portions or in one large casserole dish.
What could be more thrilling than poking your fork into a softly baked egg that dribbles all over cheesy spaghetti squash?
Hope you like the addition of artisan salami. You can go with or without. But with is much, much better.
A little goes a long way.
The beauty of baked eggs (or shirred eggs) is that the whole meal is made in one oven safe ramekin or bowl. How perfect is that ~ a great meal & limited clean up.
Easy portion control too here. Just stick to what’s in your ramekin and not mine…
These eggs would be really nice served for Easter brunch and breakfast. Also lovely for a shower.
Do you have any favorite recipes for baked eggs?
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Smoked Paprika
- 4 ounces Artisan Salami, diced
- 8 Eggs
- Cooking Spray
- chopped Green Onion
- more Salami pieces
- Poke several holes in squash to release steam as it cooks. Cook for about 15 minutes in the microwave until completely soft. Also you can bake in the oven at 375 F for about 45-55 minutes until cooked through. You will need to pierce holes through the squash no matter which method you choose.
- Let squash cool a bit. Cut in half, remove seeds and scoop out spaghetti. Place in a large bowl and discard seeds. Toss spaghetti squash with olive oil, garlic salt, pepper, smoked paprika, parmesan and salami.
- Preheat oven to 375 F with the rack in the middle. Spray four large ramekins or bowls with cooking spray. Add 3/4 cup of spaghetti sqaush mixture to each. Gently crack 2 eggs over the tops of each bowl. Place bowls on a cookie sheet. Bake for about 20-25 minutes depending on how runny you want your eggs. Top with chopped green onion and some more salami.
Baked Eggs Recipe Links
- Baked Eggs with Mushrooms and Parmesan Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Baked Eggs with Spinach Sunshine and Smile
- Baked Feta with Olives, Tomatoes and Eggs My Jerusalem Kitchen
- Baked Huevos Rancheros Dolcetto Confections
- Greek Baked Eggs Salted & Styled
- Spicy Baked Eggs with Sweet Potatoes The Crepes of Wrath