Red Barn

by Marla on March 13, 2013 · 17 comments

Red Barn in Southwest Colorado | FamilyFreshCooking.com
Sometimes life hands you great big adventures. Sometimes on those adventures you stumble across pretty red barns.

On my way out to Hotchkiss, CO a few weeks ago I stumbled upon this beauty. I am attracted to barns and snow capped mountains ~ like a bear is to honey. Or a hummingbird to nectar. You get it.

These beauties beckon and thrill all my senses. I dip in and taste the experience through the lens of my camera.

Red Barn in Southwest Colorado | FamilyFreshCooking.com

Red Barn in Southwest Colorado | FamilyFreshCooking.com

The funny thing is, there is most likely a look and don’t touch rule.

The snowy peaks might be too far away….

Red Barn in Southwest Colorado | FamilyFreshCooking.com

Same thing with the barn in sight. It is probably tucked away on a strangers property.

Land that I have no access to. Trespassing is certainly not an event I need in my life.

Red Barn in Southwest Colorado | FamilyFreshCooking.com

Sometimes I am in too much of a hurry to get somewhere to make a quickie barn pit stop.

Red Barn in Southwest Colorado | FamilyFreshCooking.com

In this case I had but a few minutes. Time to grab a few clicks.

Time to smile a bit at the beauty before me. And…..be at the ready for someone to come out and yell at me to get away from their barn (that did happen once and it need not happen again.) Nothin’ like being in the moment, at peace with self & someone comes running out to scare your socks off.

This red barn caught my gaze just outside Montrose, CO. I pulled over on the side of the public road alongside it and was sure to look from a distance and not touch.

That is the real nice thing about zoom lenses.

Red Barn in Southwest Colorado | FamilyFreshCooking.com

You can keep a healthy distance and get a few clicks.

Red Barn in Southwest Colorado | FamilyFreshCooking.com

I don’t know what Lot 1 is, but it sounds pretty important.

Perhaps I can buy the land. That way I could have the red barn as my neighbor. That would be pretty neat. Eh?

Red Barn in Southwest Colorado | FamilyFreshCooking.com

I sure am happy that I made acquaintance with this red barn and all the beauty surrounding it.

It is small experiences like these that I will never forget. Peace, beauty and JOY all at once. I am grateful I could share this with all of you….

Red Barn in Southwest Colorado | FamilyFreshCooking.com

Related Posts

1 Meagan @ Scarletta Bakes March 13, 2013 at 9:19 am

You and your barns, Marla! :) Seriously, these shots are so… peaceful. I love the pop of blue sky against the bright red barn. Lovely!

2 Rosa March 13, 2013 at 9:23 am

Such a beauty! I love the contrast with the azure blue sky.

3 Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles March 13, 2013 at 9:34 am

There could never be too many barns, especially red ones! I think Lot 1 is calling your name! :)

4 Sommer@ASpicyPerspective March 13, 2013 at 9:36 am

Such pretty shots!!

5 Julie @ Table for Two March 13, 2013 at 11:26 am

these are gorgeous photos! the red barn is so vibrant – you should get it canvassed!!

6 Traci March 13, 2013 at 11:37 am

Love it, so pretty. I see snow, so I think I’ll just enjoy the pictures. :)

7 Heather Christo March 13, 2013 at 12:00 pm

I love the red against that gorgeous bright blue sky!

8 Maria March 13, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Such a pretty red barn!

9 Marta @ What should I eat for breakfast today March 13, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Most probably this barn was built to be photographed, so beautiful.

10 Jessica - The Novice Chef March 13, 2013 at 6:52 pm

Wow!! Wow!! Wow!! I love barns (almost as much as you) and this one is perfection. I love the bright red and crisp white snow. …and I just made it into my background on my iPad! Hope you are doing well Marla! :-)

11 Marla March 15, 2013 at 7:58 am

Jessica, I am sooooo flattered that you did that! Girl, we need to go on a barn tour together :) XO

12 Amanda March 14, 2013 at 11:07 am

Just beautiful Marla :)

13 Andrea DiGeronimo March 14, 2013 at 6:52 pm

Ahhh so beautiful and serene. I am thinking of the visual of you taking pictures and somebody coming out to stop you. That would have scared the crap out of me! But looking back it is funny.

Sorry to hear about the knee. I know how much you were loving skiing right now. sucks!

Hope you are not in much pain and still able to be moving. At least if you can’t move as much, you are in a place where the scenery couldn’t be better. I know it is going to take more than that to slow you down! There’s no stopping you.

xxoo, Andrea

14 Kiran @ KiranTarun.com March 15, 2013 at 1:31 pm

Simply beautiful!

ps: I hope you are recuperating well. Sending loads of hugs! xo

15 Marian (Sweetopia) March 16, 2013 at 2:48 pm

Stunning! Love the colors in these photos! I’m also inspired in a different way.. Would love to make a gingerbread house version of this.

16 Marla March 16, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Marian, you totally should. Can’t wait to see ‘em if you do :)

17 Carolyn Jung March 17, 2013 at 8:31 pm

You should frame that and hang it on your wall. Love the red barn against the deep blue sky. Mesmerizing.