From what I gather bunnies love carrots. Not any carrots will do….they prefer carrots that are colored like the rainbow. Add some sweet mandarins and I bet the Easter Bunny will be banging down your door with all four paws.
Carrots have a natural sweetness that is fondly brought out when you roast them. Adding mandarins sweetens ’em even more…
Are you planning an Easter or Mother’s Day brunch? These carrots make the perfect springy side dish.
They would also be the perfect addition to the Thanksgiving or Christmas feast (bookmark for next year.)
They also make the perfect side for the roasted pheasant above….stay tuned, that recipe will be posted on Wednesday.
This recipe can be vegan or not, your choice. Roast the mandarins and carrots with ghee, butter, olive oil or coconut oil.
All depends on your tasted preference and food style.
They are also a nice addition to salads. Enjoy!
- 2 bunches Rainbow Carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 3 Mandarins, 2 peeled and segmented
- 2 tablespoons Oil: Coconut Oil, Butter, Ghee, Olive Oil, Grapeseed Oil
- fine Sea Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Fresh Rosemary
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees F with the rack in the middle. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner. In a bowl squeeze juice from one of the mandarins over the carrot slices. Toss carrot slices with juice, mandarin segments, oil, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with chopped rosemary. Bake for 25-30 minutes until everything is softened and slightly browned. Serve with some more fresh rosemary.
Rainbow Carrot Recipe Links
- Instant Carrot Pickle Just Home Made
- Roasted Rainbow Carrots: 2 Ways Family Fresh Cooking
- Roasted Rainbow Carrot Tart Family Fresh Cooking
- Smoky Carrot Gratin The Tomato Tart
- Spring Rainbow Salad BetsyLife
- Thai Beef Lettuce Cups Family Fresh Cooking