Oh wait a minute…I was just about to post an amazing frozen cocktail recipe. But then I realized that this Simple Strawberry Sauce needed to take center stage first. Be patient….the drink recipe is around the corner.
It is also one of the best things you could ever lick off a spoon….
I have been obsessed with strawberries lately.
Perhaps it’s the slightly longer bluebird days we have been enjoyed in Telluride, CO. This town is bouncing around with spring fever. Even though we are all winter lovers there is something exciting about the change of seasons.
Did you get to glance at my 60 AMAZING Strawberry Recipes earlier this week? Do check that out & prepare to spend some time over there. There are great recipes that are worthy of your eyeballs and taste buds.
You can make this fruity sauce out of any fruit you wish. Sweeten to taste with stevia, honey, maple syrup, agave….or nothing at all. Your choice.
Another nice thing is you can use fresh or frozen berries. You are gonna heat the heck out of them in a pan anyway. You will get a thicker sauce with the fresh berries though.
Think about using this sauce (purée) in your cocktails, mixed drinks and more. It is ideal for strawberry daiquiris!
- 1 pound fresh or frozen Strawberries, cleaned & cut in 1/2
- 1 tablespoon Water
- Sweetener of choice: add to taste if needed
- Heat berries in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add water if using fresh strawberries. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer with the lid on. Berries will burst and become saucy. Let the sauce cool a bit. Purée in blender and add sweetener to taste if desired.
- You might not need any water if using frozen berries as they have a lot of water in them all ready. If you need to thicken your sauce you can use some pectin, arrowroot or strain it in a fine mesh sieve. Here is a great post about how to thicken your fruit jam/sauce
Strawberry Sauce Recipe Links
- Homemade Strawberry Jam Indian Kitchen
- Macerated Strawberry Coulis A Cup of Mascarpone
- Strawberry Compote Just One Cookbook
- Strawberry Conserves the food dept.
- Strawberry Freezer Jam Farm Flavor
- Strawberry Purée Whatever’s Left