Ever realize that you wished Monday was Friday, but not Friday to be Monday?
Here we go kickin off a new week and I am all ready thinking about the weekend. There have been lots of end ‘o ski season parties here in Telluride. We had a fantastic ski season and are looking forward to a bright and cheerful spring.
For big & little cowgirls and cowboys, I came up with this Cowgirl Cooler cocktail recipe. This strawberry fruit smoothie can be enjoyed as healthy frozen smoothie (alcohol free) or with a whiskey kick.
Let’s saddle up & learn more about this libation. Let’s also pretend that Monday is Friday… or at least dream about it.
You probably figured all my talk about strawberry this ‘n that was leading somewhere…somewhere larger than Strawberry Sauce. Right? Maybe?
Maybe it’s all that rootin tootin gun shootin on the weekends. Maybe it’s ’cause I live in a town filled with Western sass. Did you know Butch Cassidy lived here in Telluride?
He worked on ranches and then proceeded to rob the San Miguel Valley Bank a whopping $21,000.00.
Not a very nice thing to do to the quaint small town you call home!
Without the whiskey this puréed fruity drink could be part of a juice cleanse. With the bourbon, obviously not.
This is a skinny cocktail, made of pure fruit and sweetened with stevia.
You choose what is most needed….a kick or a cleanse…..
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) Simple Strawberry Sauce
- 2-3 ounces Bourbon Whiskey (depends on how much kick you want)
- Plain Stevia Drops to taste
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Ice
- a few fresh Strawberries for garnish
- Blend all ingredients in a blender. Top with some sliced strawberries.
Fruity Cocktail Recipe Links
- Blackberry & Sage Refresher The Boys Club
- Blood Orange Margarita u Try It
- Frozen Papaya Daiquiri Rock UR Party
- Strawberry Banana Daiquiri Just Putzing Around the Kitchen
- Thai Basil Watermelon Margaritas Bob Vivant
- The Pink Mojo Verses From My Kitchen