It happened again….
One of my amazing food bloggin’ pals has hit the ground running with a spectacular cookbook! Heather Christo’s Generous Table is something you need in your hands now. Talk about an abundance of beauty, creativity and awe inducing recipes. I am thrilled to share this cookbook with you today. Heather gave me free reign to choose any recipe from her book. Thanks girl!
I went with the Berry Fizz. The name, simplicity and perfect flavors behind this simple beverage has me bubbling over with JOY…
Do you all ready follow Heather Christo’s blog? If not you must! This talented gal was trained at culinary school and is a pro chef, party planner & entertainer. In her cookbook recipes are divided into seasonal chapters ~ with a focus on holidays, parties and entertaining.
I promise you this: you will feel like Heather is by your side easing any entertainment fears or jitters. The recipes are simple to prepare, yet elegant and memorable.
Besides ~ Heather’s beauty, smile & grace will capture you from cover to cover.
Heather calls this natural soda ~ Italian soda without the artificial syrups that we so often see in this kind of beverage.
What could more fabulous than muddled fruits and fizzy water? Add a touch of your favorite natural sweetener if you wish. You can mash/muddle the berries on the bottom of the glass with a pestle or fork. It is quite fun actually!
You can also drink it out of a sparkly princess glass…
Use any seasonal fruits you have on hand.
You can also add mint leaves if you wish. Muddle them into the mix or simply garnish with them.
As great as this drink is for kids as is. This fizz would also make the perfect cocktail. Add your favorite spirits for a fruity ~ fizzy ~ boozy kick. A few ounces of light rum, vodka or gin would add a touch of celebration at showers and parties.
- a handful of your favorite Fresh Berries (I like raspberries, blueberries and blackberries)
- Sweetener of choice, if needed (I like Plain Stevia Drops
- 6-8 ounces Carbonated Soda Water
- garnish with Fresh Mint
- same ingredients as above
- 2 ounces Light Rum, Vodka, Gin or your favorite spirit
- Muddle berries in the bottom of a tall glass with a fork or pestle. Add sweetener & carbonated water. For an adult cocktail add spirits. Stir gently to combine. Top with a sprig of fresh mint and some more fresh berries.
Two FamilyFreshCooking.com fans can win signed copies of this book. Within the pages of this beautiful cookbook you will find 105 recipes, entertaining decorating tips and helpful sidebars with all kinds of smart tid-bits. Heather Christo’s Generous Table is available now for pre-order.
This giveaway will be open until Wednesday, April 17th, 2013 midnight PST. Winners will be chosen at random. Giveaway copies will ship quarterly to USA entries only.
To Enter (up to 7 entries per person)
- Mandatory Entry Go to HeatherChristo.com website and tell me which recipe you would like to try.
Extra Entries: Leave a Separate Comment for Each
- Follow me (Marla Meridith) on Pinterest
- Visit the Marla Meridith Lifestyle Facebook fan page & join the fun over there!
- Visit the Family Fresh Cooking Facebook fan page & join the fun over there!
- Follow me (Marla Meridith) on Twitter
- Follow (Heather Christo) on Twitter
- Visit the Heather Christo Facebook fan page & join the fun over there!
Homemade Soda Recipe Links
- Blood Orange Italian Soda The Delicious Philosophy
- Homemade Italian Cream Sodas Butter, With a Side of Bread
- Italian Cream Soda Feed Me Seymour
- Pomegranate Italian Soda “What You Give Away You Keep”
- Pressure Cooked Blackberry Italian Soda hip pressure cooking
- Raspberry Basil Italian Soda daisy’s world
Heather Christo’s Generous Table by Heather Christo © 2013 Kyle Books