Sweet ~ savory. Savory ~ sweet. I don’t care what the order. Something magical happens with you combine the two. To honor Grilled Cheese Month I bring you Grilled Cheese with Chicken, Cheddar & Grapes. A splendid combination of both…. sweet & savory.
Thinly sliced grapes, with creamy salty cheese & protein packed chicken make for an irresistible sandwich.
Don’t forget to check out my 50 AMAZING Grilled Cheese Recipes post too!
Take those grapes ‘n slice ‘em real thin. Do the same with the chicken breast. You can pound it thin too.
Picture this: take your favorite cheese platter and heat it under the broiler.
A fruit ‘n cheese flavor explosion on dark, crusty bread.
As I write this blog post I am sidetracked by photos & music by Luke Bryan. A good thing indeed.
Grilled cheese & hot country singers are a quite lovely combo. Yup.
What ingredients do you put in your favorite grilled cheese sandwich?
- 1 thinly pounded Chicken Breast
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 slices Whole Wheat Bread (or your favorite bread)
- pat of Butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon Mayonaise
- 2 ounces Medium Cheddar Cheese, sliced thin
- a handful Red Grapes, slivered
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a small sautÃ© pan. Season both sides of the chicken breast with garlic salt and pepper. Cook chicken breast about 5 minutes per side until cooked through. Set aside.
- Butter the outside of the pieces of bread (the sides that will touch the pan.) Smooth mayonnaise over the inside of the bread slices.Top each piece of bread with slivered grapes and cheese. Place chicken breast in the middle. Make a sandwich, carefully grill in a sautÃ© pan over medium heat with pan covered. Cook until both sides are golden brown, crispy and the cheese is melted, flipping once during cooking.
Grilled Cheese Recipe Links
- 50 AMAZING Grilled Cheese Recipes Family Fresh Cooking
- Caprese Grilled Cheese Diethood
- Cheddar Apple Pie Grilled Cheese Hungry Couple
- Lobster Grilled Cheese BS’ in the Kitchen
- Perogie Grilled Cheese Culinary Cool
- White Pizza Grilled Cheese She Knows