Sooooooo, I know it’s Wednesday but I all ready have my mind on the weekend. Yesterday was spring, today will be wintery here in the Rocky Mountains. Even though the weather flip-flops daily I crave bright flavored drinks like this one.
This fresh ‘n sparkly beverage can be served as a family friendly, kid approved fruit punch or as an adult cocktail. Take your pick. It’s your flight of fancy….not matter which way you sip!
If you are going to enjoy this drink as a sparkly fruity punch then just add your favorite sparkling water.
For a grown-up cocktail you will need to add some spirits. I went with Skinny Girl Coconut Vodka….’cause it’s skinny & I like it.
This would be the perfect bubbly for an al fresco lunch party, picnic, birthday party or baby/bridal shower. Take your pick.
A great reason to throw a party ~ to have fruity punch! Another recipe you might wanna check out for a festive warm weathered party are my Spring Bouquet Popsicles.
Don’t be shy if a little bit of strawberry purée sinks to the bottom of your punch or floats around. It’s real fruit you are working with here.
You can always double or triple strain it with a fine mesh sieve or cheesecloth if that bugs ya.
Why is this a Skinny Cocktail? Easy…because it’s got all natural ingredients. Real fruit, no refined sugars and light vodka. Thats why!
What is your favorite fruity cocktail punch?
- 16 ounces fresh or frozen Strawberries (if fresh ~ clean, trim stems off, cut in half)
- 1 cup Water
- 4 packets Stevia Powder or your favorite natural sweetener to taste
- 4 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 liter (33.8 fl ounces) Plain Sparkling Water
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) light Vodka
- fresh Mint Leaves
- Lime Wedges and Sliced Strawberries for serving
- Bring water and strawberries to a rolling boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to a simmer, continue to cook for 6 minutes. With a rubber spatula, stir the berries and mash them on the sides of the pan to release juices. Let the berries cool a bit and strain them with a fine mesh sieve or cheesecloth. If you like some pulp strain one time. If not strain 2-3 times. Let the strawberry juice chill in the fridge.
- When the juice is cool, combine it with the rest of the ingredients in a large pitcher with ice. Serve with lime, strawberry slices and mint leaves.
- For alcohol-free cocktails skip the vodka and add the same volume (1 1/2 cups) additional sparkling water.
- Adjust sweetness to taste. Your berries may be really sweet or not so much.
Fruit Punch Recipe Links
- Orange Pineapple Punch Noshing with the Nolands
- Party Punch Erika Follanasbe
- Raspberry Pomegranate Punch Daydreamer Desserts
- Real Fruit Punch Canadian Family
- Strawberry Blood Orange Rum Punch The Bojon Gourmet
- Strawberry Pisco Punch Honestly Yum