I wanted to post another cocktail recipe today. But since I posted one on Wednesday I figured you probably need somethin’ to eat. Y’all like pasta a whole lot and I came up with fine medley of carbs meets salmon & creamy blue cheese.
Let’t take a look…
Isn’t there some rule somewhere that seafood should not be pared with cheese?
I tend to disagree. Try this salmon with blue cheese sauce and you will too.
Do you like cilantro? I love it. Add a handful to this recipe for extra fresh flavor.
If you don’t dig it add some flat leaf Italian parsley. All’s good….they look the same but sure do have very different flavor.
What you got with this dish is comfort food mixed with a splash of gourmet flavors.
It comes together quickly and the ingredients are super easy to find. Energy packed salmon balances out the heavier pasta really nicely.
Whip this up over the weekend or for those busy weeknight meals ~ make some extra for lunch too while your at it. Serve hot or chilled like a pasta salad.
- 8 ounces (227 g) Linguine, cooked
- 1 pound King Salmon (or your favorite Salmon)
- Garlic Salt
- Smoked Paprika
- Black Pepper
- handful chopped Cilantro or Italian Parsley
- 2/3 cup (145 g) Sour Cream
- 2/3 cup (75 g) Blue Cheese Crumbles + extra for topping
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Add a splash of olive oil to a large frying pan. Season salmon with some garlic salt, smoked paprika & pepper. Pan sear salmon over medium high heat until cooked about 80%, about 6-8 minutes flipping one time (it should be really pink in the center.) Remove salmon from the pan, take the skin off and roughly chop or flake the fish with a fork.
- Heat the same pan over medium heat add the sour cream & blue cheese. Cook for a few minutes until creamy, stirring a few times with a silicone spatula. Gently fold in the chopped salmon to make the sauce. Add the pasta to the pan. Season to taste and serve with chopped cilantro or parsley.
- I used a spinach/chive pasta that went really well with this sauce. Feel free to experiment with your favorite pasta.
Pasta with Salmon Recipe Links
- Asian Salmon & Noodles Julia’s Album
- Finnish Style Pasta with Salmon Dining with Dusty
- Mediterranean Salmon Salad Dough See Dough
- Salmon Pasta Salad with Dill Joy of Kosher
- Seared Salmon with Mushrooms & Asparagus Over Coconut Noodles Bev Cooks
- Teriyaki Salmon with Soba Noodles Iron Chef Shellie