Happy Friday! I have fun recipe to share with you today ~ Edamame Basil Hummus Dip will become your new BFF. Then again I kinda think the same thing of Pink Flamingo Martinis. This recipe is from the fabulous Yummy Mummy Kitchen cookbook by the super talented food blogger Marina Delio.
Let’s take a peek inside her book and talk about this hummus…
When it comes to healthy bites for you and your family Marina & I sure have a lot in common.
Her blog Yummy Mummy Kitchen & this cookbook are filled with all kinds whole food, healthy & delicious recipes.
If you love edamame, then this dip will be a fun twist on classic hummus.
The green color is super pretty & the flavor is wonderful. Lots of fresh basil adds a nice twist too.
If you need to relax a bit, try peeling & popping edamame beans from their shells.
It takes a little bit of time…but you get to thinkin’ while you do it. Or dance around your kitchen listening to country music while you peel ‘em.
You can also purchase your edamame all ready shelled. But you all ready knew that.
Serve this lovely dip with super colorful chips. Or any chips you like. These pretties are Terra Chips.
This is also a great sandwich spread ~ so don’t be shy to use it like that too.
A few recipe stand outs in this cookbook (and you are certain to find many of your own!
- Heirloom Tomato & Asparagus Tartlets
- Quick Grilled Shrimp & Avocado Boats
- Salmon Chowder
- Veggie Cobb Salad
- Black Bean Burgers with Mango-Avocado Salsa
- Baked Salmon with Lemon-Artichoke Pesto
- Lobster Tacos with Kumquats & Avocado-Cilantro Sauce
- Fudgy Pinwheel Cookies
- Strawberry Lemonade Tiramisu
- 2 cups shelled, cooked Edamame
- 2/3 cups Garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas) drained & rinsed
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh Basil, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Cracked Pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Chips or Veggie Spears for serving
- Reserve one tablespoon each of the edamame & garbanzo beans for garnish. In a food processor, blend the remaining edamame & the remaining garbanzo beans with garlic, basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Slowly pour the olive oil through the feed tube while the processor is on. Process until smooth & well blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into a serving bowl & garnish with edamame, garbanzo beans, olive oil and basil. Serve with pita chips (any chips) and veggies.
One FamilyFreshCooking.com fan can win a copy of this book. Within the pages of this beautiful cookbook you will find 100 Effortless & Delicious Recipes to Nourish Your Family with Style and Grace. From finger foods to elegant sit-down dinners ~ this cookbook will delight you with gorgeous presentations and delish food! Yummy Mummy Kitchen cookbook is available now for purchase as well.
This giveaway will be open until Wednesday, May 15th, 2013 midnight PST. Winners will be chosen at random. Giveaway copies will ship quarterly to USA entries only.
To Enter (up to 7 entries per person)
- Mandatory Entry Go to the Yummy Mummy Kitchen website and tell me which recipe you would like to try.
Extra Entries: Leave a Separate Comment for Each
- Follow me (Marla Meridith) on Pinterest
- Visit the Marla Meridith Lifestyle Facebook fan page & join the fun over there!
- Visit the Family Fresh Cooking Facebook fan page & join the fun over there!
- Follow me (Marla Meridith) on Twitter
- Follow (YummyMummyBlog) on Twitter
- Visit the The Yummy Mummy Facebook fan page & join the fun over there!
Dip Recipe Links
- Avocado Cumin Yogurt Dip Garnish with Lemon
- Avocado Spinach Dip The Healthy Foodie
- Cauliflower Hummus Our Fifth House
- Chili con Queso Roasted Jalapeño Salsa Boulder Locavore
- Lemony Green Pea Puree Cara’s Healthy Cravings
- Prosciutto Chips with Creamy Whipped Feta Dip betsylife