So whether or not this fine, sweet drink is in your neck of the woods….now it can be. And in case you’re in the mood ~ you can make it tipsy (or not).
Say hello to the Tipsy Orange Julius Shakes ya’ll.
All you need is a cowboy boot, some orange juice and pillows of whipped cream.
Oh. You also need some rum. Or vodka will do too.
What is an Orange Julius? Simply put it is orange juice with some kinda milk. Add ice (and in this case rum) to get a slick, frothy texture.
This drink tastes like an orange creamsicle and it is super tasty on a hot ‘n steamy day.
The Orange Julius was named the official drink of the 1964 World’s Fair!
I add homemade whipped cream to just about everything these days.
Living at high altitude I can consume way more calories then at sea level. Our hearts beat faster (calorie burner) and I exercise all the time in the crisp mountain air (calorie burner.)
This all makes it so we can enjoy waaaay more whipped cream….. Oh JOY!
Whipped cream is really gooooood in cocktails. Have you tried my Irish Coffee Shooters yet? Well you need to asap. This weekend would be a wonderful time to do that.
If you wanna go alcohol free you can do that too! My kids love these shakes…..without the booze.
Grab a spot in the shade, swing on a hammock and sip away!
- 1 can Full Fat Coconut Milk or 1 pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- Vanilla Stevia Drops to taste
- 4 ounces Orange Juice
- 2 ounces Light Rum
- 1/2 cup Light Coconut Milk
- 4 ounces Ice
- Chill can of coconut milk in the refrigerator over night. Let the solids and coconut water separate. Open the can without shaking it. Pour off coconut water (you can drink this too!) In a mixer whip on high speed with a whisk attachment until you have whipped cream. Sweeten to taste with vanilla stevia drops or your favorite sweetener.
- Pour chilled heavy whipping cream in a mixer bowl with whisk attachment. Whip on medium speed, increasing to high speed once the cream starts to thicken. Sweeten to taste with vanilla stevia drops or your favorite sweetener.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender (excluding the whipped cream) Blend until creamy and weill combined. Top with the whipped cream of your choice.
Orange Julius Recipe Links
- Fresh Orange Julius Like Mother Like Daughter
- Healthy Vegan Orange Julius Colorful Palate
- Orange Julius Popsicles The Meaning of Pie
- Orange Julius Protein Smoothie Meaningful Eats
- Orange Julius Recipe Savory Sweet Life
- Vegan Orange Julius for One Vegan Yumminess