I know it’s hot out there for some of you and you are craving popsicles & salads. Well guess what….sometimes you need a hearty meal too. One that takes a little while to cook, but no hovering over. A meal all ready prepared ~ so you can reach into your fridge & grab it, that way you can get on with more important things.
This One-Pot Roasted Chicken & Veggies is sooooo simple to prepare. Go ahead & toss some on your salad.
Sometimes I listen, sometimes I don’t.
I listen to Jesse ’cause he really knows great food & good cookin’.
He is a chef & also a hunter ~ so I trust. Hence his blog name KillerChefs.
Jesse was the head chef at the fabulous restaurant Roy’s. He knows stuff.
I often ask him cooking questions and he answers back quickly with great ideas. You can ask him questions too on his Facebook page.
This chicken is perfect for those on grain-free, gluten free and Paleo meal plans.
What you got here is a protein packed, veggie rich meal.
So even though it takes a little while in the oven, it is worth it’s while to have great food at the ready.
I can take extra time to my mountain views & smell a delicious meal cooking in the oven.
The kids can play outside while it cooks. You can run around the house doing whatever it is you need to do.
Or you can sit and have a cocktail.
I like to serve our chicken over these pretty sunflower sprouts.
You can also go with a salad, pasta, quinoa, hunks of crusty bread or rice. Your choice.
Enjoy your chicken!
- 4 pound Chicken, remove giblets, clean & pat dry
- any vegetables you like best
- Garlic Salt
- Olive Oil
- Pre heat oven to 450 degrees F with the rack in the middle. Pour some oil over the chicken & rub it in. Season with garlic salt & pepper. Chop vegetables into bite sized pieces. Place the chicken in the center of a Le Creuse or a high temperature bake-safe pot. Toss the vegetables with olive oil, garlic salt & pepper. Arrange the vegetables around the chicken.
- Bake chicken & veggies covered, for about 1 hour 30 minutes or until your chicken is cooked through. Un-cover the pot and broil for about 5 minutes to brown the skin.
- Serve with vegetables, a salad. Potatoes, quinoa, rice or pasta would be great with this too!
- The Le Creuset pot I used is a great conductor of heat and perfect for this recipe. It is the enameled cast iron pot. Be sure not to use a lid with the phenolic knobs as they will burn.
Roast Chicken Recipe Links
- Black Pepper Roast Chicken The Perfect Pantry
- Ginger & Chili Roast Chicken with Sticky Carrots Gourmantine’s Blob
- Lemon, Parsley & Parmesan Roasted Chicken Unruly Bliss
- Mediterranean Roast Chicken Breasts The Café Surce Farine
- Roasted Shabbat Chicken with Spring Vegetables What Jew Wanna Eat
- Sumac & Citrus Roast Chicken Geez Louise