BOYS. You might want to turn your head on this one.
GIRLS: Pretty Rose Popcorn is certainly a chick thing. Ladies…how special and pretty would this be for a baby shower, tea party, bridal shower or wedding day!
This popcorn is simple to prepare & extra special fabulous.
If you love rose tea or other rose infusions then you will enjoy this popcorn.
You can adjust the flavor on a whim…simply add more or less rose water.
For added flavor I pop my corn in coconut oil. If you are into coconut like me, then you will love the subtle, silky, coconutty flavor.
If not then use a more neutral flavored Canola or Grape seed oil.
I took a whole lot of photos.
I also munched on popcorn as I worked.
You can either dry your own edible flowers….or get some from a trusted source in town or online.
You want to make sure that the petals you use are free of dyes and pesticides. Organic is best.
Do you have any special events coming up?
You can dress up this popcorn in oh so many ways. Pretty Rose Popcorn would be a novelty at any party….but oh the fun you could have with packaging.
I picture cottage, shabby chic style…but you could do anything really. Go mod if you wish.
- 1/4 cup Unrefined Coconut Oil or Sunflower Oil
- 1/3 cup Popcorn
- 2-3 droppers full Vanilla Stevia Drops
- Fine Sea Salt
- Organic Dried Rose Petals
- Rose Water, add to taste
- Heat the oil and popcorn in a large, deep metal pot over high heat. Have the pot lid and a large bowl handy. The oil will sizzle and the popcorn will start to pop. Cover with the lid and agitate/slide the pan around vigorously. When about to overflow dump the popcorn into the bowl. Continue to do this until all of the popcorn is popped. If you are using a large enough pot you might not need the bowl.
- When the popcorn is cool toss with sea salt, vanilla stevia drops, petals and rose water.
- Careful with the rose water, use it sparingly. You can always add more but you cannot take it away. Subtle flavors are best here. You can sprinkle it on and toss with your hands for best results.
Popcorn Recipe Links
- Chocolate Chip Coconut Popcorn Family Fresh Cooking
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Popcorn Brown Eyed Baker
- Honey Butter Popcorn Food Loves Writing
- Lemon Pepper Popcorn Family Fresh Cooking
- Peanut Butter Popcorn Rachel Cooks
- Pistachio Caramel Popcorn Flanboyant Eats