Happy Friday! Hope y’all had a great week and are looking forward to an AMAZING weekend.
This Roasted Asparagus & Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta is perfect for any night and it’s great for lunch too.
Serve hot or chilled for picnics & potlucks. Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe for all those school lunches coming up around bend…
I adore skinny asparagus…especially when it’s roasted.
Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees F. Lay ‘em out on a baking sheet. Toss with olive oil, garlic salt, black pepper & smoked paprika. Add some hot pepper flakes for a little kick.
Bake the heck out of them until you have crispy tips & well cooked stalks.
This dish would be perfect served with my Honey Bee Martini. Picture a dinner outdoors with all these lovely summer flavors!
Serve up as a side or a main course.
- 6 ounces (170 grams) Whole Grain Pasta of Gluten Free Pasta
- 1 bunch skinny Asparagus (about 1 pound), clean & remove tough bottoms
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt
- Black Pepper
- Smoked Paprika
- Hot Pepper Flakes
- 4 ounces (113 grams) Sun-Dried Tomatoes in oil
- Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F with the rack in the middle. Lay asparagus on a sheet pan, toss with olive oil, garlic salt, pepper, smoked paprika & hot pepper flakes. Lay in a single layer on the pan. Bake for about 15 minutes convection or 25 minutes traditional oven. They are done when the tips are slightly browned and stalks are cooked through.
- Chop the sun-dried tomatoes and reserve some of the oil it's packed in.Toss pasta with the sun-dried tomatoes and some of the oil. Cut the asparagus into bite sized pieces. Add that to the pasta as well. Top dish with plenty of Pecorino Romano cheese.
Pasta Recipe Links
- BLT Spaghetti The Growing Foodie
- Pasta with Salmon & Creamy Blue Cheese Sauce Family Fresh Cooking
- Spaghetti with Pistachio Pesto The View From the Great Island
- Warm Chicken & Pasta Salad The Frugal Flambe
- Whole Wheat Pasta with Chickpea Sauce Once Upon a Cutting Board
- Zucchini Pasta with Avocado Cream Sauce Running to the Kitchen