Pear Martinis. Yes, they are blissful and I probably don’t need to explain why. If you are a pear lover that is. This cocktail is a true taste of summer!
I had my first experience with a drink like this at the New Sheridan Chop House here in Telluride, CO.
Now it is my favorite…but do not fear. I still have flings with bourbon.
If you are looking for a crisp, cool, kinda sweet (but not too sweet ) cocktail then this might become your favorite too.
Martini glasses are very elegant but rather silly when you are a smidge tipsy, dont’cha think?
They are kinda tricky to balance without spilling. Maybe it keeps one from drinking too much. Hmmmmmm?
Anywhoos…they are pretty to hold and made even tastier with Grey Goose La Poire Vodka.
Don’t worry…if it is tricky to find Le Poire, plain vodka will do ya just fine.
Next time you have a cocktail party, I highly recommend these martinis.
Pear finely balanced with a twist of lemon, a splash of sparkling water (or sparkling pear water)…and of course the booze.
Besides it is super fun to blast music and shake a cocktail shaker to the rhythm some great tunes. Ya think? Sure!
My pal Corey from Butcher & Baker posted this on Facebook last night….give a listen….
- 4 ounces Pear Juice
- 2 ounces unflavored or La Poire Vodka
- Splash of Lemon Juice
- Splash of unflavored Sparkling Water or Pear Sparkling Water
- Ice + Martini Shaker
- Fine Sugar (to rim glasses)
- Garnish with Pear Zest
- Rim the edge of a chilled martini glass with water. Add sugar to a bowl. Tilt the glass at a 45 degree angle and roll it in the sugar.
- Fill a martini shaker with ice. Add the pear juice, vodka and lemon juice. Shake it to combine. Strain into sugar rimmed martini glass. Top with a splash of sparkling water and garnish with pear zest.
- I have used unflavored Pellegrino and Pear Sparkling Water in this martini. Both are wonderful. The drink is a little less sweet with the unflavored water though.
Martini Recipe Links
- Cucumber Martini A Healthy Life For Me
- Gin Cantaloupe Martini One Martini at a Time
- Lavender Martini The Framed Table
- Mango Coconut Water Tropical Martini Averie Cooks
- S’mores Martini Hungry Couple
- Sour Apple Martini Barman’s Journal