Even though it’s summer, here in the mountains I crave at least one cup of hot cocoa daily. Let’s face it…anyway to get some chocolate into my world is a great thing!
Skinny Hot Cocoa requires only 4 things…any kinda milk, cocoa powder, H2O & your favorite sweetener.
Why am I posting something soooooo simple? So you can avoid those little packages of processed cocoa powders.
Nothing like a steamy cup of hot cocoa when you roll out of bed.
Sometimes I find it crazy fun to post the most simple of recipes. But then I realize that these are my go-to daily creations and they need to be blogged.
I love the taste of good chocolate. Packaged hot cocoa doesn’t do it for me…it’s too sweet & I can hardly taste the cocoa.
Cocoa powder is super fun to shoot with a macro lens.
You might need to experiment with unsweetened cocoa powders to find the one you like the most.
If you want chocolate milk…simply add some ice.
Have a great weekend & enjoy your chocolatey sips!
- Milk (any kind) I like unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Hot Water
- 1 heaping tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Natural Sweetener (to taste) I like my Vanilla Stevia Drops
- Get your favorite mug. Fill it half way with hot water. Stir in cocoa powder, sweetener & fill the rest with milk. Stir again. Microwave for one minute.
Hot Cocoa Recipe Links
- Caramel Hot Chocolate Cooking Classy
- French Press Breakfast Chocolate The View From Great Island
- Ganache Hot Chocolate Cake & Vodka
- Hot Cocoa & Coconut Cream The Broken Bread
- Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate Honey, What’s Cooking
- Super Decadent Hot Chocolate May I Have That Recipe