I pin brownies & bars like every second of my life.
Funny thing is though I have never posted brownies here on Family Fresh Cooking until today. These beauties are from the amazing new cookbook by Elana Amsterdam…Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry: Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free Recipes.
They are bursting with chocolate & you will definitely not miss the flour.
What could be more pleasant than a crumbly square filled with chocolate?
Not much I am certain.
Elana’s latest book is a lovely welcome into the world of Paleo cooking…
…if you have not dabbled in it all ready.
Also, it is a wonderful cookbook & resource for folks who have followed this diet for some time.
Please visit her blog Elana’s Pantry too…an astounding array of gluten-free recipes awaits.
What makes these brownies unique (different from other grain free recipes) is that it doesn’t even have the blanched almond flour typically used.
By some kinda magic (I think it’s the eggs) these brownies rise perfectly & have a lovely crumbly texture.
This pan did not stick around long at all. Nope. We all fought over each & every crumb.
What does that mean? I need to make more really soon. Like today.
Some other recipes that caught my eye are (there are nearly 100 recipes so it is hard to choose favorites!)
- Bacon Tart
- Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Breakfast Sausages
- Olive Oil Thyme Crackers
- Sesame Noodles
Hopefully you can get yourself a copy of this cookbook really soon…you will be pleased when you do.
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup Spectrum All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup Coconut Sugar
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Xxtract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish with shortening.
- In a medium saucepan over very low heat, melt the chocolate chips until smooth. Remove the pan from the heat, then mix in the shortening and coconut sugar. Stir in the eggs and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached.
- Let the brownies cool in the baking dish for 1 hour. Cut into 16 (or 9) squares and serve.
This giveaway is now closed. Congrats to entry #156!
Details YOU can enter to win a copy of Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry! (You can also purchase it at that link.)
Dates Giveaway will run until Sunday, August 18th, 2013. Open to USA folks only.
Enter You can enter up to (7) times following the steps below. Leave a separate comment per entry please.
- Become a pal on my Facebook Page
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Follow me on Twitter
- Follow me on Instagram
- Follow me on Google+
- Follow Elana on Twitter
- Follow Elana on Pinterest
Brownie Recipe Links
- Brown Butter Cookie Butter Brownies Bakergirl
- Flourless Chocolate Brownie Nom Nom
- Fudgy Avocado Peanut Butter Brownies Brooklyn Farm Girl
- No Bake Fresh Mint Dark Chocolate Brownies Living Healthy with Chocolate
- Raspberry Brownies Eat Me!
- Thick & Fudgy Brownies My Whole Food Life
Disclosure: I was sent this wonderful cookbook & I am so pleased to share my own thoughts and opinions with you.