Mushroom delight? Whats that you might ask…
Are you as delighted by mushrooms as I am? I can’t even choose a favorite because i dig ‘em all. I love the boldness of Shitake, the sweetness of Chanterelles, the fuller flavor of Porcini & really we could go on & on…
One of my favorite ways to prepare eggs is this Mushroom Delight Scramble.
Why that image of my house today? It’s the first photo I snapped with my new camera. There is so much to learn on it….will take loads of dedicated practice. Good thing I love taking pictures!
You can use any mushroom varieties that you love in this dish.
Find your favorites & scramble away!
This is the perfect savory breakfast, makes for an elegant brunch too. Also nice for lunch or dinner.
If you can source wild mushrooms all the better! They have more flavor and you can feel the joy of foraging for them with your own hands. Around here in the high country we have an abundance of King Boletes (Porcini), Wood Ear and Chanterelles ~ they are excellent on their own & paired together.
I highly recommend you experiment with your favorite mushroom combinations.
Do you have any truffle oil? I hope you can get your hands on some as it really adds flavor to the eggs.
When I scramble my eggs I like to use a splash of half & half. To keep this Paleo all you need to do is omit that & scramble with a splash of water to keep the eggs fluffy.
Here are a few more scrambled egg recipes you might want to try:
- Creamy Greek Scrambled Eggs
- Perfect Scrambled Eggs
- Scrambled Egg Stacks with Cheese & Mushrooms
- Sweet Coconut Scrambled Eggs on Toast
On a more personal note…can someone please tell me where the summer went?
These photos make me so grateful for my family & the special times we share together…
OK…thanks for letting me share all this, here is your recipe!
- a few cups Mixed Mushrooms (whatever you like best)
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt
- 4 large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Egg Whites (or whites from 2 eggs)
- Truffle Oil
- splash of Half & Half or some water
- Sea Salt
- Green Onion, chopped
- garnish with Cilantro or Italian Parsley
- In a saute pan heat olive oil over medium high heat. Sauté mushrooms for a few minutes, add salt to taste. Remove from heat.
- In another pan add some truffle oil, set burner to medium low heat. Whisk eggs in a bowl. Add to pan & start to let them cook. Add the half & half or water. Mix eggs constantly with a spatula so they stay nice and creamy. If they cook to fast reduce the heat. Add salt to taste.
- Plate the eggs and top with mushrooms, green onion & cilantro/parsley.
Scrambled Egg Recipe Links
- Egg Bhurji (Indian Scrambled Eggs) Divya’s Culinary Journey
- Feta Chili & Herb Scramble A Splash of Vanilla
- Goat Cheese & Chive Scrambled Eggs Amuse Your Bouche
- Kimchi Scramble leaf & grain
- Migas The Quixotic Table
- Scrambled Eggs with Kale & Prosciutto Living Lou