Taco shell? Eh who needs it when you can lay down a bed of spaghetti squash and add Mexican ingredients over the top!
Genius? Maybe not. Crazy tasty? Most certainly. Lets dig into Mexican Spaghetti Squash.
I could live on spaghetti squash. Its one of my all time favorite foods.
Also avocado & guacamole. I could live on those too.
It is wonderful that you can top this up as you wish.
Load it up & don’t be shy…
Here are a some more of my spaghetti squash recipes you must try…
- Cheesy Bacon Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Cheesy Spaghetti Squash
- Spaghetti Squash with Salami & Parmesan
- Spaghetti Squash Sesame Noodles
- Spaghetti Squash with Thai Peanut Sauce
This is a perfect gluten free, grain free meal. I love cheese so that’s gonna happen. If you wanna make it Paleo ~ leave out the cheese. There is plenty of flavor without it.
No matter what you choose to add ~ you are sure to have a great meal!
- 1 cooked Spaghetti Squash
- Olive Oil
- 1 pound lean Ground Beef or Bison
- Add to taste:
- Garlic Salt
- Chili Powder
- Red Chili Pepper
- Black Pepper
- Dried Cilantro
- Feta Cheese
- Salsa or 1 can Fire Roasted Tomatoes with Chilis (add garlic salt to sauce if needed)
- Sour Cream
- Fresh Cilantro
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Shallot, finely diced
- Lemon Juice
- Cherry Tomato, quartered
- Garlic Salt
- Poke several holes in squash to release steam as it cooks. Cook for about 15 minutes in the microwave until completely soft. Also you can bake in the oven at 375 F for about 45-55 minutes until cooked through. You will need to pierce holes through the squash no matter which method you choose.
- Let squash cool a bit. Cut in half, remove seeds and scoop out spaghetti. Place in a large bowl and discard seeds. Toss spaghetti squash with olive oil and seasonings.
- Cook ground beef over medium high heat until browned and cooked through. Season to taste with chili powder, garlic salt and pepper.
- Mash avocado in a bowl with lemon juice. Mix in garlic salt, shallots and sliced tomato.
- Top squash with salsa or tomato sauce, ground beef, guacamole, sour cream & cheese. This can be served warm or hot. If you choose to heat it add the guacamole, sour cream & cheese after.
Spaghetti Squash Recipe Links
- Cheesy Sausage Spaghetti Squash Callie Cooks
- Mexican Baked Spaghetti Squash Baked In
- Spaghetti Squash with Basil & Creamy Cauliflower Sauce The Healthy Family and Home
- Spaghetti Squash with Marinara Camille Styles
- Spaghetti Squash with Shrimp Marinara Carolina Girl Cooks
- Spinach Walnut Pesto My Utensil Crock