Sometimes I have a fridge & pantry full of random ingredients. It can be both stressful and liberating at the same time.
The other night I was starving and had no game plan. I had a lot of shitake mushrooms, plenty of pepperoni and quinoa at the ready. This is what I ended up with…my version of fast food.
Quinoa is an ingredient that always works for me.
So are mushrooms ~ especially ones sautéed in butter & olive oil. Shitake are my favorite, I love their full flavor. Feel free to use any mushrooms you wish. You can also mix varieties.
Pepperoni is always in favor as well. We have been loving the Applegate Farms Natural Pepperoni.
Fall is my favorite season. I’ve been astounded by all the natural beauty. I’m outdoors all the time. It is comforting to eat healthful foods like this to keep me on the go.
This healthy meal comes together in minutes and is perfect for busy weekday nights and nice for casual entertaining as well.
Top with some fresh herbs for color & kick.
- 1 cup Quinoa, cook according to package directions
- 5 ounces Natural Pepperoni, sliced thin
- 12 ounces Shitake Mushrooms, clean, remove stems & slice
- Olive Oil
- pat of Butter
- Garlic Salt
- Black Pepper
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet. Add mushrooms and cook for a few minutes. Add pepperoni and cook for a few more minutes. Season with garlic salt and pepper. Toss with cooked quinoa adding more olive oil if needed.
Quinoa Recipe Links
- Creamy Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Half Baked Harvest
- Healthy Eggs Benedict Quinoa Emerging Foodie
- Mexican Quinoa Salad Extra Cheese Please
- Parsley & Quinoa Tabbouleh with Spiced Yogurt Sauce Simple Provisions
- Southwestern Quinoa Scramble Playin With My Food
- Southwestern Turkey & Quinoa Stuffed Peppers The Dude Diet