Bars are back. But you all ready knew that. You know how I know that? Because you guys are obsessed with my Brownies & Bars Pinterest board.
You know what that means? It means you LOVE brownies, bars & everything chocolate. Guess what? You can show off your fabulous BAR skills (and maybe, just maybe) be a winner in the Scharffen Berger / TuttiFoodie.com Chocolate Adventure Contest.
Let’s take a closer look at this…
It’s all in the details….
Contest Dates & Rules: Submit your original recipes between October 1st, 2013 – January 2nd, 2014. You can submit up to 10 entries! This contest is open to amateurs & professionals, all chocolate lovers & baking enthusiasts.
Adventure Ingredients: This is what makes the contest unique & special. Use one or more of these ingredients with your favorite Scharffen Berger Chocolate.
- Bourbon (OMG!)
- Oat Flour (a personal favorite)
- Turbinado Sugar (Mmmmmm)
- Carrot (Fun!)
- Pomegranate (fruity love)
- Hibiscus (oooohhhh)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (unique)
- Peppercorn (Black, White, Green, Red—any type) (spicy!)
- Pandan Leaf or Pandan Leaf Extract (tres chic)
- Coconut Milk, Coconut Cream, Coconut Butter or Coconut Oil (YES!)
- Sesame Seeds (Black or White) (gotta love em)
- Fresh Croutons or Crostini (crunnnnch)
Purchase your Scharffen Berger Chocolate & work some magic!
What kinda magic?
The sky is the limit! This category is sooooo diverse. Have fun creating bars and squares ~ from baked bars to no-bake bars, from ice cream bars to a vast range of chocolate bark. It includes brownies, blondies, seven-layer bars, congo bars, snickerdoodles and cookie-based bars. It extends to candy bars too.
Go for it!
The award is $25,000 as well as a custom selection of Scharffen Berger® chocolates, Seriously Bittersweet by Alice Medrich and The Essence of Chocolate by John Scharffenberger and Robert Steinberg. The grand prize winning recipe will be featured on ScharffenBerger.com, chocolateadventurecontest.com and TuttiFoodie.com.
Visit chocolateadventurecontest.com for official rules and entry form.
- John Scharffenberger (Chocolate Expert)
- Alice Medrich (Chocolate Expert & Award Winning Cookbook Author)
- Angie Dudley (Bakerella)
- Matt Armendariz (MattBites)
Disclosure: I’m helping Scharffen Berger & TuttiFoodie spread the word about this wonderful contest! Best of luck to you all