Looking for an amazing new gluten free cake to add to your recipe box? BOOM!
Look no further than this Gluten Free Chocolate Sour Cream Cake that I invented over the weekend.
I have been all over the place…my mind races with food, portrait & landscape photography.
One minute i’m thinking about cake.
the next vintage trucks…
the next red barns…
the next BIG mountains…
I mean really ~ this gal has lots going on in the noggin. Let’s get back to cake.
Coffee/snack breaks are the perfect time to enjoy a healthy cake like this. I even had some for breakfast. This would be awesome served at a shower, brunch or tea party.
This cake is made with gluten free oat flour, unsweetened cocoa powder and sour cream. All of which make for an excellent crumb.
Pure maple syrup sweetens everything perfectly without any refined sugars. This cake is not too sweet but just sweet enough.
The homemade whipped topping rounds everything off wonderfully & adds some more sweet flavors.
- 2 cups (220 g) Gluten-Free Oat Flour
- 1/4 cup (28 g) Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup (170 g) pure Maple Syrup
- 1 cup (215 g) full fat Sour Cream
- 1 cup Milk (I used fat free cow's milk) you can also use a unsweetened vegan milk
- 1 large Egg, whisked
- 1 teaspoon pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil, melted
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees F with the rack in the middle. Spray or cover a 8 X 2 inch round cake pan with parchment paper. Whisk together dry ingredients. In another bowl combine wet ingredients. Combine all ingredients to form a batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared cake pan. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until a skewer comes out virtually crumb free.
- Serve as is or with freshly whipped cream.
Chocolate Sour Cream Cake Recipe Links
- Chocolate Bundt Cake with Sour Cream Ripple Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Chocolate Sour Cream Bundt Cake Handle the Heat
- Chocolate Sour Cream Bundt Cake Two Peas and Their Pod
- Chocolate Sour Cream Cake The Perfect Pantry
- Sour Cream Chocolate Cake Taste of Home
- Moist Sour Cream Chocolate Cake Blissfully Domestic