I reaallllly wanted to post pancakes today. But I thought for the sake of balance we needed somethin’ savory. I’m all about balance over here.
We grill all year round (thankfully I have a covered deck.) This Grilled Chicken with Rainbow Chard dish is simple to prepare, well balanced and most of all super tasty!
This is a gluten free, grain free ~ super high energy meal.
It won’t let you down no matter what you have planned.
For you grain free, Paleo folks this is all you need. Lots of protein over fresh veggies.
I’ll be short & sweet with words today. Busy day ahead!
Hope you have a GREAT one.
- 1 pound Chicken Breast (pounded thin) or Chicken Tenders
- 1 bunch Rainbow or Swiss Chard
- 1 Shallot, diced
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt
- Black Pepper
- Smoked Paprika
- Shaved Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat grill to medium high. Toss chicken with some olive oil and season with garlic salt, pepper & smoked paprika. Grilled for a few minutes each side until cooked through. Flip one time during cooking to get nice grill marks.
- Wash, dry and trim swiss chard. Remove the green leaves from the ribs, also slice the ribs. Heat a splash of oil in a skillet. Add the chopped shallot and cook for a few minutes over medium heat. Add the chopped chard stems, increasing heat to medium high. Cook about 6 minutes to soften. Add some more oil and the chard leaves one handful at a time. Toss with tongs. Reduce heat back to medium, cover and cook for another 5 minutes until chard is cooked through. Season with garlic salt, pepper and smoked paprika to taste.
- Top with grilled chicken and parmesan cheese.
Grilled Chicken Recipe Links
- Chicken Oregano Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish
- Grilled Asian Chicken Wings up close & tasty
- Grilled Chicken with Lemon, Capers & Oregano Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Grilled Curry & Kefir Marinated Chicken Cookin’ Canuck
- Herbed Grilled Chicken with Orzo Cooking in Sens
- Teriyaki Chicken Skewers GI 365