Oh the joyful flavors of fall! I wait all year with great anticipation to live on maple, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice…and of course ingredients like pumpkin and sweet potato.
If you are anything like me then Pumpkin Pancakes with Spiced Whipped Cream might become your new breakfast favorite too!
Let’s face it , eating pancakes is just as much about the pancakes as it is the bacon.
Looking for an easy, cleaner way to prepare bacon? Check out my Perfectly Baked Bacon post.
For me bacon is everything really.
Heaps of spiced whipped creamy are absolutely dreamy. I spiced things up by adding some ground cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
Those flavors are in the pancakes as well.
As an added bonus these pancakes are gluten-free made with my favorite oat flour.
Hopefully you have a few extra minutes to prepare this lovely breakfast feast over the weekend.
- 1 cup (110 g) Gluten Free Oat Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 tablespoons pure Maple Syrup
- 1 large Egg, whisked
- 1 cup Milk (dairy, unsweetened almond, soy or rice)
- 1 cup unsweetened Pumpkin Purée
- 1 teaspoon pure Vanilla Extract
- Butter, Coconut Oil or Cooking Spray for the pan
- Homemade Whipped Cream
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- In a bowl whisk together dry ingredients. In another bowl combine wet ingredients. Combine all & make a batter, do not over mix. Melt butter/coconut oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Spoon batter into pan. Cook until corners pull away & pancakes start to bubble. Gently flip and cook until golden brown.
- Serve with whipped cream.
- Make a batch of homemade whipped cream, add cinnamon & pumpkin pie spice to taste.
Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe Links
- Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes Chew Out Loud
- Gluten Free Pumpkin & Oat Pancakes Cookie and Kate
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes PBS Parents
- Pumpkin Pie Dutch Babies Soup Addict
- Pumpkin Pancakes My Baking Addiction
- Pumpkin Pancakes with Salted Caramel Apple Sauce Goodies a Volonté
- Whole Wheat Vanilla Pumpkin Pancakes Prevention RD