We need some high protein lunch & dinner ideas too, ya think? I came up with this Pan Seared Salmon with Potato Hash on a whim and I’m dang happy I did…
Salmon is my all time favorite fish. I love it’s full flavor & oily texture. I’m also a fan of making sure the skin is extra crispy (yes I love the salmon skin.)
When you sear salmon skin side down, in oil over high heat (a cast iron skillet is best) then you flip to brown the other side. You can achieve perfection.
I love the center pink & a little underdone. The skin crispy like a chip & a golden brown top side, perfectly seasoned and crisp as well.
Here are two more salmon recipes you might love to try…
This is the perfect gluten free, grain free meal. I love to serve it over a salad for more veggies.
- 1 pound Wild Salmon (I like Skuna Bay)
- 24 ounces Klondike Potatoes (any waxy texture potato is great), rinse, pat dry and slice into bite sized pieces
- Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion, diced
- Smoked Paprika
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Salt
- Dried Parsley Flakes
- 1 Shallot, diced
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream (I prefer full fat)
- 1/2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Dill
- Garlic Salt
- Salad Greens
- Any other garden fresh vegetables
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat with some olive oil. Add the red onion and cook for about 10 minutes until softened, stirring frequently. Add some more oil and the potatoes. Season with garlic salt, smoked paprika & black pepper. Cook for about 15-20 minutes stirring frequently, scraping the bottom of the pan to include the browned bits. Cook the potatoes to your liking, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan...Season salmon on both sides with garlic salt, smoked paprika & black pepper. Heat more olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add salmon skin side down. Pan sear for a few minutes until skin is nice & crispy. Flip the salmon and cook until the other side is golden brown & slightly crispy as well. Cook so the center is done to your liking.
- In a non stick pan sauté the shallots for a few minutes with some olive oil over medium heat. Season with the garlic salt, smoked paprika & black pepper. Once softened and fragrant, mix in the sour cream, dill and lemon juice.
- Serve salmon over the salad greens and potato hash. Top with shallot, dill sour cream sauce.
Salmon Recipe Links
- Chipotle Salmon & Sweet Corn Macaroni Fuss Free Cooking
- Foil Wrapped Grilled Salmon with Tomato Garlic Pan Sauce Sugar and Grace
- Quinoa Fritters with Salmon Salad & Whipped Potato Cuisine Paradise
- Salmon, Arugula & Cherry Tomato Linguine Palachinka
- Salmon on Miso Broth Whisk & Knife
- Salmon with Lemon Herb Butter Handle the Heat