Recently I was sent a bottle of Fonseca BIN 27 Port wine. I was asked to pair a creative cookie recipe with it.
I pondered things a smidge & decided that Port would pair well with dark chocolate, cranberries & pecans…I had never eaten cookies & sipped wine at the same time before. Now I know what I was missing.
I found this on the Fonesca website: The rich black fruit flavours of Bin 27 are a perfect match for chocolate and berry fruit dishes.
So I guess it makes sense that my cookies have chocolate & berries. It was a hunch and I went with it.
These cookies (and the wine) are perfect for chilly days ~ cuddled up by the fire…
These are sweetened with maple syrup and baked with a blend of blanched almond flour, oat flour and old fashioned rolled oats. They have the perfect crumb.
These would be perfect for holiday cookie exchanges…since they are really crumbly (yum) chill them in the fridge for extra firmness before serving.
- 6 tablespoons (1/2 cup) Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 2 large Eggs, whisked
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine Sea Salt
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons (125 g) Gluten Free Oat Flour
- 3/4 cup (60 g) Gluten Free Old Fashioned Rolled Oats (not quick cook)
- 1/2 cup (52 g) Blanched Almond Meal
- 1/2 cup (65 g) chopped Pecans
- 3/4 cup (100 g) Chopped Dark Chocolate Chunks
- 1/3 cup (40 g) Dried Cranberries
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F with the rack in the middle. Prepare a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment or a Silpat liner. Mix together wet ingredients. In another bowl whisk together dry ingredients (save the chocolate, cranberries & pecans to fold in last.) Combine the wet and dry ingredients, gently fold in the chocolate, cranberries and pecans to form cookie batter.
- Take heaping tablespoons of batter and place them on the cookie sheet. Press into 1/2 inch thick discs. Bake for 10-13 minutes until cookies are golden brown. Let them cool. Store in a cool, dry place ~ the fridge is great!
This giveaway is now closed. The winner has been contacted via email. Stay tuned for more fun ones soon!
Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookie Recipe Links
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies Skinny Taste
- Chewy Toasted Coconut Oatmeal Cookies the pretty bee
- Chocolate Chip Raisin Oatmeal Cookies Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
- Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Domestic Fits
- Gluten Free Oatmeal Scotchies Meaningful Eats
- Olive Oil Oatmeal Cookies Mangia
Disclosure: I was sent a hand mixer and wine to review ~ all thoughts and opinions are my own.