One of my all time favorite ingredients this time of year is tiny tart cranberries. One of my favorite foods for breakfast, brunch and snacks is homemade cornbread. Combining them both into a fiber filled muffin is perfection!
These little muffins are the perfect blend of fall/winter flavors. Serve them to your kids before school & also to your Thanksgiving & Christmas guests. They will be glad you did!
I’ve teamed up with Benefiber® to host a brunch to test out a few recipes on my family & friends.
Adding just a small amount of their easy to use fiber powder to my cooking helps supplement our daily whole food diet.
We have used this powder on & off for years. In oatmeal, shakes, smoothies, breakfast cakes & these muffins.
You can learn more about the benefits of fiber here.
The great thing is this fiber powder dissolves easily and is tasteless. Another cool thing is how well it bakes into cakes & muffins. The crumb is still perfect!
You will love these maple sweetened cornbread muffins ~ serve with some butter, peanut butter, almond butter or whipped cream!
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons Milk (I used fat free milk)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 2 large Eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup pure Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Gluten Free Oat Flour
- 1/2 cup fine ground Corn Meal
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 6 tablespoons unflavored Benefiber® Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine Sea Salt
- 1 cup dried Cranberries (toss with 1 tablespoon oat flour)
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees F with the rack in the middle. Spray a muffin pan(s) with cooking spray or line with muffins liners.
- In a large bowl combine milk, apple sauce, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla. Once well combined stir in flours, baking powder, salt and Benefiber®. Fold in dried cranberries. Divide batter among muffin cups and bake for 18-20 minutes, until a wooden skewer comes out virtually crumb free.
Gluten Free Muffin Links
- Chocolate Chip Banana Oat Muffins Gluten Free Canteen
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins The Fitchen
- Cinnamon Spiced Apple Crumble Muffins My Inspiration
- Cinnamon-Sugar Almond Pumpkin Muffins Sweet Baked Life
- Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mini Blender Muffins Averie Cooks
- Paleo Cranberry Orange Muffins Paleo Newbie
Disclosure: I am a blog ambassador helping to promote Benefiber® powder supplements, all thoughts and opinions are my own.