It’s the perfect time of year to serve cornbread ~ like all the time. These little cupcakes are irresistible, especially when topped with chocolate & vanilla whipped cream.
Having guests over for Thanksgiving? Great! Serve up a bunch of these Sweet Potato Cornbread Cupcakes with Whipped Cream for breakfast, brunch or snacks.
Recently I posted these Gluten Free Cranberry Cornbread Muffins, which go great response!
Last fall I posted this Maple Cheddar Skillet Cornbread ~ another winner!
I named these “cupcakes” but they could have been muffins.
I’m not really sure the difference ~ but these are healthy, whole food muffins with whipped cream frosting that look like cupcakes. So that is why I called them cupcakes.
Does that make any sense?
Had a blast taking photos of these. You can probably tell.
Tiny pom pons made it even more fun!
Enjoy your cupcakes & your week!!
- 1 cup (132 g) Fine Ground Corn Meal
- 1 cup (110 g) Oat Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup (256 g) Sweet Potato Puree (unsweetened)
- 1 cup (240 ml) Milk (any kind unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 large Egg, whisked
- Fresh Whipped Cream (Chocolate & Vanilla) for topping
- or Vegan Coconut Whipped Cream
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees F with the rack in the middle. Line or spray mini muffin pans with cooking spray. Whisk together dry ingredients in a bowl. In another bowl combine wet ingredients. Combine all to form a smooth batter. Spoon batter into muffin cups. Bake for about 12 minutes or until a wooden skewer comes out virtually crumb free. Let muffins cool.
- Prepare whipped cream. Whip it thick so you can pipe it. Put whipped cream in piping bags & decorate the muffins.
Cupcake Recipe Links Coming Soon…