Looking for an AWESOME Thanksgiving side dish? Do you love roasted brussels sprouts?
Perfect ~ then this Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Walnuts, Blue Cheese & Cranberries recipe is for you!
Are you a fan of blue cheese? It pairs well with the maple sweetened brussels sprouts & sweet dried cranberries.
If it’s too strong a flavor for you then substitute some feta cheese instead.
I love the balance & combination of the sweetened dried cranberries and tart fresh ones. Besides they add nice color pop.
What sides do you have planned for Thanksgiving?
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels Sprouts, rinse & pat dry
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- Garlic Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1/3 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/3 cup crumbled Blue Cheese or Feta Cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped, Toasted Walnuts
- Fresh Cranberries for garnish
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees F with the rack in the middle. Cut brussels sprouts in quarters, trimming off tough white tough end. Toss brussels sprouts with olive oil, maple syrup, garlic salt & pepper. Line a rimmed baking sheet with Silpat or tin foil. Roast for about 20-25 minutes until brussels sprouts are cooked through and caramelized. Flip sprouts with tongs once during roasting time.
- While the brussels sprouts are cooking heat walnuts in a skillet on medium heat for about 10 minutes until they are golden brown & fragrant. Mix frequently so they don't burn.
- Remove brussels sprouts from the oven. Let them cool a bit. Transfer to a bowl and toss with walnuts, blue cheese and dried cranberries. Season to to taste with garlic salt and pepper. Top with fresh cranberry garnish.
Brussels Sprouts Recipe Links
- Bacon Roasted Brussels Sprouts Kirbie’s Cravings
- Brussels Sprouts & Mushroom Skewers with Miso Sauce Dishing Up The Dirt
- Brussels Sprouts with Pine Nuts & Parmesan Plated
- Kale Salad with Brussels Sprouts and Cranberries The Bite House
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Lemon, Thyme & Goat Cheese Veggie & Thyme
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Shitake Bacon Olives for Dinner