Hello! Did you have an amazing weekend? Are you busy with your Thanksgiving menu? I sure am. We are heading to my neighbors house for turkey day and I’m in charge of bring lots of sides.
I’ll be bringing these awesome Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Bacon and these fabulous Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Walnuts, Blue Cheese & Cranberries.
It’s full on winter here in case you were wondering. By the way….Telluride, CO. won Best Ski Resort in North America/Canada.
Yep. That’s right #1 in the Conde Nast Traveler Magazine’s Readers Poll. Good thing I live here.
Remember how we established a loooong time ago that bacon makes everything way better?
So does maple syrup.
And sweet potatoes are always a favorite over here.
While I was cooking this we had some backyard pals visit. They were snacking on snowy grass.
It’s always so magical when the elk stop by to say hello.
This side dish can easily be a main with a salad.
What recipes do you like to make with sweet potatoes?
- 1 pound Sweet Potatoes
- 1/4 cup pure Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt
- ground Black Pepper
- ground Cinnamon
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 10 ounces Perfectly Baked Bacon, crumbled into small pieces
- For this recipe you will need 2 rimmed cookie sheets so you can spread out your sweet potatoes in a single layer. Pre heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit with the rack in the middle. Rinse sweet potatoes & pat dry. Cut them into small 1/2 inch pieces. (I keep the skin on.)
- Toss sweet potatoes with maple syrup, olive oil, and seasonings. Put in a single layer on baking pans. Bake for about 40-50 minutes, until sweet potatoes are golden brown & cooked to your liking. Toss with tongs once during baking time. Remove from oven. Transfer to a serving bowl and toss with bacon crumbles.
Sweet Potato Recipe Links
- Bacon Sweet Potato Tater Tots Grab a Plate
- Mashed Sweet Potato Casserole Wonky Wonderful
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Candied Pecans Onion Rings and Things
- Sweet Potato Cheese Balls kimkim cooking
- Sweet Potato Risotto with Bacon The Framed Table
- Thanksgiving Hash Little Bites