Looking for a delicious grain free, gluten free meal? Done. Look no further. These Smoked Salmon Scrambled Eggs will make you very happy & they can be served any time of the day.
This recipe is from The Pioneer Woman’s amazing new cookbook, A Year of Holidays: 140 Step-by-Step Recipes for Simple, Scrumptious Celebrations.
Ree Drummond’s latest book is a visual feast, filled with sweet and savory recipes that are simple to prepare. I enjoy her wit and personality that shines through in her writing style and family photos.
She always makes things easier with step-by-step pictorial directions. Gotta love that!
Recipes are served up in 12 seasonal/holiday categories. These eggs are found in the Mother’s Day section. The perfect breakfast in bed for mom!
Ree’s excitement for holiday flavors shines through on every page.
In her scrambled egg photo she showed fresh herbs and a little yogurt parfait, so I did the same.
Little does Ree know we spent time chatting on a Telluride chairlift in my backyard. It was a fun & silly conversation. She told me about life on the ranch and I talked about life on the slopes.
Everything looks amazing ~ some recipes that caught my eye in this cookbook are:
- Dulce De Leche Brownies (pg. 156) Cinco De Mayo
- Grilled Chicken Skewers (pg.358) New Year’s Eve
- Hot Cross Buns (pg.89) Easter
- Huevo in the Heart (pg.54) Valentines Day
- Key Lime Pie (pg.214) July 4th
- Mulled Apple Cider (pg.326) Christmas
- Platter of Darkness (pg.234) Halloween
- Soul Sweet ‘Taters (pg. 272) Thanksgiving
- And many, many more!!
You can find this Salmon Scrambled Eggs Recipe on pages 172-173.
- 6 large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Half and Half
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 ounces Smoked Salmon
- 1 tablespoon Chives (or other herbs), finely chopped
- Crack the eggs into a fine mesh strainer set over a bowl. Use a spoon or ladle to force the eggs through. Add the half and half, salt and pepper to the bowl, whisk gently to combine.
- Melt the butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Pour the eggs into the skillet. As the cook, slowly an gently push the egg mixture around with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Give the salmon a rough chop. When the eggs are 1/2 way done add the salmon into the skillet. Stir the eggs around to cook them a little bit more. Sprinkle on the chives or herbs and serve while they are still hot.
This giveaway is now closed. Winners have been chosen. Thanks for your entries! Two lucky readers have the chance to win a signed copy of Ree’s new cookbook! You can also purchase holiday copies now over at my Amazon.com store.
Scrambled Eggs Recipe Links
- Deluxe Scrambled Eggs Modern Taste
- Kimchi Scramble Leaf & Grain
- Migas The Quixotic
- Scrambled Egg Tacos A Couple Cooks
- Spicy Scrambled Eggs with Tomates (Bhurji) Indiaphile
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Scrambled Eggs Julia’s Album