Looking for a tempting appetizer to share with holiday guests or evening soirée? Awesome! This Crescent Wrapped Brie is decadence, mixed with elegance and lots of simplicity.
When things are easy this time of year it gives you more time to hit the slopes, shop for that perfect cocktail dress & write a letter to Santa…
I was asked by Pillsbury to have fun with a few of their Hero Holiday Recipes. This Crescent Wrapped Brie caught my eye.
My kids had fun with the dough too!
I added some festive cutouts to make it give it more holiday flair.
Egg wash assures a crisp, golden brown crust.
To make it more colorful and festive I added ruby red dried cranberries and sparkly golden raisins.
I also drizzled pure maple syrup over the top.
The sweet, savory, salty, buttery & creamy flavors merge together perfectly. Your guests will grab this & it will be gone before you know it!
I even caught my husband nibbling on some for breakfast!
Enjoy! (This recipe will also be featured on Serious Eats in the Holiday Recipe Collection.)
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations® Refrigerated Seamless Dough Sheet
- 1 Egg Whisked
- 1 round Brie Cheese
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup Golden Raisins
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F with the rack in the middle
- Unroll dough; separate crosswise into 2 sections. Pat dough and firmly press perforations to seal, forming 2 squares. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut crosswise into 2 rectangles. Pat dough to form 2 squares.
- Place 1 square on ungreased cookie sheet. Place cheese on center of dough. Wrap it around cheese.
- Place remaining square on top of cheese round. Press dough evenly around cheese; fold bottom edges over top edges. Gently stretch dough evenly around cheese; press to seal completely. Brush with beaten egg. Top with cutouts; brush with additional beaten egg.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes. Serve warm. Top with maple syrup, cranberries, raisins and walnuts.
Stuffed Pastry Recipe Links
- Areesheh (Cheese) Turnovers Taste of Beirut
- Banana Pillows Winner Pillows
- Mini Ground Beef and Cheese Pies Give Recipe
- Stuffed Pears En Croute My Invisible Crown
- Three Cheese Stuffed Puff Pastry Pinwheels Cook & Be Merry
- Turkey & Stuffing Turnovers A Family Feast
Disclosure: This Hero Recipe was in partnership with Pillsbury. All thoughts & opinions are my own.