The Ranches at Belt Creek, Montana

by Marla on January 3, 2014 · 16 comments

The Ranches at Belt Creek, Montana | FamilyFreshCooking.com #travel

I thrive on travel. You knew that right? I have experiences lined up in my head way before I have the time to make them happen. My wanderlust personality encouraged me to make the move to a ski resort.

Why not live a life well lived every single day, right? I visited the Ranches at Belt Creek/Montana Sporting Club two times this fall. I invite you to enjoy photos from my visits….

The Ranches at Belt Creek, Montana | FamilyFreshCooking.com #travel

So you might be wondering why two times in one month to the same place.

The Ranches at Belt Creek, Montana | FamilyFreshCooking.com #travel

Well to begin with this place is gorgeous!

I love the outdoors…but you all ready knew that.

The country. Barns…

The Ranches at Belt Creek, Montana | FamilyFreshCooking.com #travel

I fell in love with this tractor…

The Ranches at Belt Creek, Montana | FamilyFreshCooking.com #travel

I’m obsessed with outdoor adventures, again you all ready knew that.

I went fly fishing.

Hunted pheasant.

Pheasant Hunting | Montana | FamilyFreshCooking.com

Pheasant Hunting | Montana | FamilyFreshCooking.com

That’s my friend Georgia Pellegrini. She hosts many fun Girl Hunter Adventure Getaways each year. Hopefully you can go on one too someday!

The NY Times was there on the 1st trip I attended to document G’s adventure trips. They wrote a nice article about the weekend.

Pheasant Hunting | Montana | FamilyFreshCooking.com

I bring my trusty Beretta Silver Pigeon shotgun with me on these trips. A girl needs her accessories.

Beretta Silver Pigeon 20 gauge shotgun | MarlaMeridith.com

We rode ATVs & 4X4 Mules….

Girl Hunter Adventure Weekend | The Ranches at Belt Creek, Montana | FamilyFreshCooking.com #travel

There was horseback riding. I photographed the horses but could not ride ‘em cause of my knee surgery recovery.

It was fun to watch the ranch girls rope!

The Ranches at Belt Creek, Montana | FamilyFreshCooking.com #travel

And I dressed like a cowgirl. Of course.

Marla Meridith | FamilyFreshCooking.com

Ate lots of great food.

The Ranches at Belt Creek, Montana | FamilyFreshCooking.com #travel

On my second trip out I shot over 1400 images for my friends Ranches at Belt Creek website (The site you see there now are not my images. I can’t wait to see their site facelift!)

The Ranches at Belt Creek, Montana | FamilyFreshCooking.com #travel

My pal Mark (the ranch owner) is a super cool guy.

The Ranches at Belt Creek, Montana | FamilyFreshCooking.com #travel

His guides are top notch too. They need to teach me how to hunt deer & elk some day (wink, wink.)

The Ranches at Belt Creek, Montana | FamilyFreshCooking.com #travel

I was completely fascinated by the teepees.

The Ranches at Belt Creek, Montana | FamilyFreshCooking.com #travel

One of my wanderlust ideals is to tour the USA in stunning log cabins & teepees. Luxury ones.

The Ranches at Belt Creek, Montana | FamilyFreshCooking.com #travel

And there you have it…hope you enjoyed Belt, Montana!

Related Posts

1 Rosa January 3, 2014 at 9:52 am

Fabulous pictures and stunning landscapes! A dreamlike place.

2 Marla January 3, 2014 at 5:52 pm

Totally Rosa!! But I miss Switzerland terribly :) Did you know I will be in Zermatt in March? I count the days ;)

3 Marta @ What should I eat for breakfast today January 3, 2014 at 12:44 pm

Girl, I am making a wish list for 2014th right now and you know what my first point is?! Wild wild west! And by this I mean everything that I can see on your pictures. Great trip, I soooooo want to have this kind of experience.

4 Marla January 3, 2014 at 5:50 pm

Oh Marta you absolutely must head our West sometime soon!! Great adventures await I’m sure ;) Heck, i’ll meet you!! XO

5 Shundara@SavyNaturalista January 3, 2014 at 1:54 pm

Oh gosh Marla the plains are so surreal and beautiful; you take lovely photos everywhere you go. You bagged a pretty big pheasant! Oh I just love that outfit a good lookin Country Girl! :)

6 Marla January 3, 2014 at 5:55 pm

They really are surreal Shundara! Thanks so much for your sweet compliments :)

7 Toni | Boulder Locavore January 4, 2014 at 11:12 am

Marla I did not think I could love anything more than your food posts but this may be my favorite post of yours ever. The photos are phenomenal as usual and they capture the essence of that region. The photo of the hand and the pheasant belongs in National Geographic. Incredible.

8 Marla January 4, 2014 at 1:15 pm

Thank you sooooo much Toni! These travel posts tend to take a long time to put together & I am thrilled when I can transport you guys to beautiful places around the world.I often wonder what the responses will be like when I don’t post food. Those pheasants were very beautiful birds. It was super cool to capture one up close. Best, M

9 Rachel January 4, 2014 at 11:33 am

Beautiful photos! Those wide-open, big skies make me swoon. Highly recommend the glamping experience at Paws Up Resort in Greenough, MT if you get a chance. One of the best travel experiences we’ve had. Now, I need to add ‘places to see’ to my list of resolutions. Happy 2014!

10 Marla January 4, 2014 at 1:18 pm

Great idea Rachel! Paws Up has been on my Wanderlust List for years now. One day I shall make my way there. Thanks for the encouragement ;)

11 Yvette - Muy Bueno January 4, 2014 at 4:45 pm

Love, love, love! No food needed with so much eye candy, and the views of Montana are not too shabby either. Lol!

Beautiful photos. I could see a gorgeous collage of these in a mountain home ;)

Thank you for the adventure.

12 Marla January 5, 2014 at 6:08 am

Thank you Yvette!! Such a sweet comment. Glad you enjoyed the virtual journey. It is my goal (someday) to acquire some large scale prints of my travel images…I just need to get to it! XO

13 Tom Martinez January 5, 2014 at 6:19 pm

Marla I am Tom Martinez from Warsaw, IN. originally from western KS. (Leoti) and I am painting new paintings for my web site. So at this time I don’t have many paintings to show. I see you like hunting pheasants and if your interested in pheasant art I have one I just finished. Its a pheasant flying in the sunset with 2 on the ground and 1 other one flying in near distance….my web is down I am waiting till I paint a few more originals be for I can put up a web site….so would you want me to email it to you? if so get back with me thank you.

14 Marla January 5, 2014 at 6:57 pm

Thanks Tom! I’ll send you an email :)

15 Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl January 7, 2014 at 8:51 am

Such beautiful pictures. My husband would go to Montana and the West often as a kid and has fond memories of the scenery. One day I will get out there to see it in person!

16 Marla January 8, 2014 at 5:24 am

Thank you Pamela ~ thrilled I could share this experience with you guys. Hopefully you can make a trip to Montana really soon :)