Let’s face it, I should have come up with this Pine Ice Cream in time for the winter/Christmas holiday buzz. But I didn’t.
The idea hit me last week when I finally found this Dram Pine Syrup. Now my life (and yours) is forever changed!
I found the pine syrup (I have been looking for pine flavoring forevahhh!) at my favorite local charcuterie/cheese shop, Over the Moon here in Telluride, CO.
Gotta love small town stores that stock the finest of the fine. Along with this syrup they have my favorite Ski House candle. Which also smells like pine by the way.
My Blythe dolls hang out on pine too…
If you love the Rocky Mountains like I do…then this syrup & ice cream captures those flavors perfectly. I also drizzled on some Pine Honey.
With red sprinkles this becomes oh so festive…you can bookmark & pin this recipe for next Christmas. Your holiday guests will be wowed by your creativity. Or don’t wait. Make some today!
The flavor is not too intense in this ice cream, it is perfectly sweet with the essence of brisk, airy mountain flavors.
It is pretty served white (like the snow) too…
Homemade ice cream is simple to prepare. As long as you have a handy dandy ice cream maker then you are in great shape to experiment & go for it!
(Sometimes you don’t even need one of those.)
- 2 cups Half & Half
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3/4 cup minus 3 tablespoons Organic Pure Cane Sugar
- 1/4 cup Dram Pine Syrup
- *Ice Cream Maker
- Pine Honey
- Chocolate Shavings
- Make sure your ice cream maker is chilled & ready to use. Attach a candy thermometer to the side of a saucepan. Combine all ingredients in the saucepan over medium heat, stir to combine. Bring mixture barely to a simmer (170 degrees F.) Remove from heat and transfer ice cream mixture to a bowl. Chill in the fridge until cold. Churn cold ice cream mixture according to your machine directions. Freeze until ready to use. Top with honey & sprinkles if desired.
Homemade Ice Cream Recipe Links
- Blood Orange Ice Cream with Spiked Fudge Sauce yes to Yolks
- Campari Chip Ice Cream both Kitchen
- Chocolate Ice Cream (No machine required) Kaloria
- Chocolate Thin Mint Ice Cream Dessert Now Dinner Later
- Chunky Apricot Ice Cream The View from the Great Island
- Dark Chocolate Pistachio Ice Cream with Candied Bacon Girl Versus Dough
- Vegan Gingerbread Ice Cream Short and Sweets