I know we all love Baked French Toast. I also know that most of us have a thing for eggs.
Jump for joy! Baked Eggs (Toad in the Hole) French Toast will make your belly smile.
There are obviously many reasons why this breakfast is amazing.
I take great pleasure in cracking tons of eggs. A meditative sort of process.
A few reasons why this recipe ROCKS. First off you can make it in a Big Batch. Second, it’s simple to prepare. Thirdly, this breakfast is gluten free. If you use GF ingredients that is.
By the way you need to enter my giveaway for Canyon Bakehouse Gluten Free Bread + Muffins.
For this french toast I used their 7-Grain and Mountain White varieties.
See that awesome bubble above? I thought that was super cool!
Bake this french toast for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, all depends on how runny you like your eggs.
Don’t forget to serve with some sticky, sweet maple syrup.
I had mine with some all-fruit berry jam this morning. Soooooo good!
- 8 slices of your favorite Bread
- 5 large Eggs, whisked
- 8 large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk (any kind)
- 1/4 cup pure Maple Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- Cooking Spray
- *Sheet Pan
- Spray a sheet pan with cooking spray & set aside. Pre-heat the oven to 350 F with the rack in the middle.
- In a large bowl mix together the 5 whisked eggs, milk, maple syrup, salt and cinnamon. Dip each piece of bread until it is fully coated. You can let them sit to soak a minute or so as well. Let excess egg drip off into the bowl.
- Place bread on the sheet pan in a single layer. Cut out a shape in the middle of each piece of bread with a 1 1/2 inch cookie cutter. You can place those cut out pieces around the pieces of dipped bread. Crack one egg carefully into the hole in each piece of bread. Bake for 15-20 minutes depending on how runny you like your eggs.
Baked French Toast Recipe Links
- Baked French Casserole with Streusel Chew Out Loud
- Baked Walnut Blueberry French Toast The Curvy Carrot
- French Toast with Caramel Sauce Eva in the Kitchen
- Mardi Gras King Cake French Toast The Law Student’s Wife
- Overnight Gingerbread French Toast Averie Cooks
- Strawberry Eggnog Baked French Toast Pretty Plain Janes