Looking for a tasty lunch or dinner that you can easily pack in your lunchbox too? This Spicy Sriracha Chicken & Quinoa Bowl will warm you up on feisty winter days.
It will provide you with great flavors & energy any time of year though! Adjust the level of spice with more or less Sriracha sauce. Dig in!
I love sauces. All kinds of sauces.
As a matter of fact…I’m deeply passionate about this Sriracha sauce I came up with. You can make this dish in a pinch.
For some reason (I’m not quite sure why) I took great pleasure in photographing cutlery with quinoa, sauce & chicken separately…
Hopefully you can cook up this recipe ASAP. You sure will be glad you did!
- 1 cup dry Quinoa, cook according to package directions
- 1/4 cup Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 pounds Chicken Breast, trim into bite sized pieces
- 2 Shallots, diced
- 1/2 cup Sriracha (you can adjust more or less)
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Salt
- 1/2 cup Green Onion, chopped
- Fresh Cilantro
- Fluff cooked quinoa with a fork & set aside.
- Melt coconut oil over medium heat in a large saucepan. Sauté shallots a few minutes until softened. Add chicken & cook until browned on each side, flipping a few times with tongs. Whisk together honey, lime juice & Sriracha sauce in a bowl.
- Add the sauce & simmer uncovered for about 8 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Stirring often. Sauce will thicken a bit as it cooks. Season to taste with pepper & garlic salt.
- Finish with a handful of fresh cilantro and green onion. Serve over quinoa.
Chicken & Quinoa Recipe Links
- Buffalo Quinoa Chicken Bites Jessiker Bakes
- Cashew Chicken Cooking ala Mel
- Cheesy Chicken Quinoa Enchilada Meatloaf Ambitious Kitchen
- Creamy Chicken Quinoa & Broccoli Pinch of Yum
- Kale and Quinoa Chicken Pomegranate Salad Little Market Kitchen
- Toasted Sesame Chicken with Quinoa The Honour System