I love french toast. I mean LOVE it. It’s been a while since I have posted a recipe for this favorite.
My folks were visiting us here in Telluride a few weeks ago & were quite taken by this egg, cheese & bacon creation. Enjoy it for any meal of the day, we do!
As you can see I grilled this instead of simply pan frying it.
I love grill marks almost as much as I love french toast.
I am relentless with bacon though. I have to have it like every day.
Runny, drippy eggs always make every thing better too.
Dig into this sandwich as quickly as you can, you’ll be glad you did!
- 10 ounces Baked Bacon
- 2 large Eggs, prepared "Over Easy"
- 2 large Eggs for batter, whisked
- pinch of Sea Salt
- splash of Half & Half
- 4 pieces sliced Muenster Cheese (or any cheese you love)
- 4 slices Whole Wheat or Gluten Free Bread
- Butter for grilling/frying
- Maple Syrup for topping
- In a small nonstick skillet heat a pat of butter over medium heat. Prepare 2 eggs "over easy" style. Carefully crack the eggs into the pan. Heat on one side until virtually cooked with the whites opaque & the center barely cooked. Carefully flip the eggs and cook for just a bit or until the yolk is the way you like it. We love runny yolks here. Remove the eggs from the pan.
- Add some more butter to a grill pan or the same skillet you cooked the eggs in. Whisk the 2 additional eggs in a bowl with a pinch of sea salt & half & half. Dip the bread slices and let them soak up the batter.
- Layer a slice of bread with one over easy egg, 3 slices of crispy bacon & 2 pieces of cheese. Make a sandwich with another slice of dipped bread, Repeat for the second sandwich,
- Grill or fry the french toast sandwiches until the bread is golden brown, has grill marks & the cheese has melted. Top with maple syrup for serving.
- *You will have some extra bacon & that is a great thing!
French Toast Recipe Links
- Baked Nutella French Toast Audrey’s The Sweet & Savory
- Blueberry French Toast Roll Ups Damn Delicious
- French Toast with Caramelized Bananas Picture Perfect Meals
- French Toast with Peanut Butter Maple Syrup Averie Cooks
- Irish Soda Bread French Toast Sweet Remedy
- Mini Grilled & Stuffed French Toast Three in Three