The simplicity of this dish is astonishing. The flavors are addictive. Ladies & gents, here is your new go-to lunch & dinner recipe.
My Chicken Enchilada Quinoa Casserole makes a Big Batch so this is at the ready when you are. Dig in!
Lately i’ve been coming up with a bunch of simple chicken recipes that you guys seem to really enjoy. Here is my Spicy Sriracha & Quinoa Bowl…
Chicken is a versatile ingredient, inexpensive, healthy & easy to get your hands on at any store. Yay for that!
The quinoa is tossed with a jar of enchilada sauce…
The entire casserole is smothered in cheese. Lots ‘n lots of cheese.
Top with fresh slices of avocado, cilantro & green onion.
This is a gluten free (if you use GF enchilada sauce) meal & kid approved! Two very important factors.
Hope you can try this real soon….Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups dry Quinoa, cook according to package directions
- 1 pound Chicken Breast, trim to bite sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cups diced Yellow Onion
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 cups (16 ounces) Red Enchilada Sauce (make sure it's gluten free if you need it to be)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup Chopped Green Onion
- handful of Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Avocado, cut into pieces & dip in lemon juice
- Cooking Spray
- Sour Cream
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees F with the rack in the middle. Spray a large bake safe casserole (5 3/4 quart size) dish with some cooking spray. Cook quinoa, fluff with a fork and toss with enchilada sauce. Set aside, add to the casserole pot.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook onion for a few minutes until fragrant & slightly browned. Add chicken and seasonings. Brown chicken a few minutes on each side. Make sure every piece is coated with seasonings. Cook a few more minutes until chicken is opaque & cooked through.
- Add chicken to quinoa and toss to combine. Top with cheeses. Bake uncovered for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Set the oven to broil. Bake for a few more minutes (about 4 minutes) until cheese is slightly browned & bubbly. Watch carefully so it does not burn.
- Top with fresh avocado, cilantro & green onion. Serve salsa & sour cream on the side.
Quinoa Recipe Links
- Creamy Quinoa & Broccoli Casserole The Pretty Bee
- One Pan Mediterranean Quinoa The Iron You
- Quinoa Chicken Bowls with Mango Salsa Chelsea’s Messy Apron
- Quinoa Tabouli Ciao Chow Bambina
- Spring Quinoa Stir Fry Gluten Free Love Story
- Strawberry Mango Avocado Quinoa Salad