S’mores. French. Toast.
Not much more I really need to say right?!
Bread dipped in eggs, baked in the oven with gooey dark chocolate (or milk) and mini marshmallows.
Yes. Heaven on a plate.
I baked up a sheet pan with 6 pieces of whole wheat bread. You can add another egg to the batter & make 8 pieces. You can also use gluten free bread.
You can also double, triple or quadruple the recipe for crowds.
Kids & adults will thrill in this sweet breakfast treat. Surprise mom & serve for Mother’s Day.
Love up the Easter bunny with this french toast too!
Looking for some more french toast recipes? Great be sure to search “french toast” on this blog or click to look at these:
And of course….S’mores French Toast. You will be hooked once you try it!
- 6 slices Whole Grain or Gluten Free Bread
- 5 large Eggs, whisked
- 3 tablespoons Milk
- 1 tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- pinch of Salt
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips or chopped pieces
- 1 1/2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- Cooking Spray
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F with the rack in the middle. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a wide, shallow bowl add eggs, milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon & salt, whisk together.
- Dip each piece of bread in the egg mixture, coat well on all sides & let the excess drip back into the bowl. Repeat for each slice.
- Place soaked bread on the baking sheet in a single layer. Top each slice with 1/4 cup of the marshmallows and some chocolate. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the marshmallows are browned to your liking and the chocolate is melted. Remove from pan with a flat spatula.
French Toast Recipe Links
- Bananas Foster French Toast Two in the Kitchen
- Caramelized Banana & Ricotta French Toast DroolWorthy
- French Toast with Wild Orange Whipped Cream Cheese Leila Dishes
- Nutella Bacon Stuffed French Toast Domesticate
- Overnight Blueberry Baked French Toast Alida’s Kitchen
- Vegan Hot Chocolate French Toast The Veg Life!