Hi folks! I have a simple soul warming soup for you today. This Roasted Golden Beet & Carrot Soup with Quinoa is super easy to prepare & very nourishing.
This soup is warming in the chilly months & it’s exactly what the Easter bunny craves (carrots), therefore great for warmer months too!
There is something about roasted veggies that brings out their fullest flavor.
They were so fun to photograph before they got blasted with heat…
This soup has a wonderful silky texture, which you can see out in the photos…
The quinoa in this soup makes it a well round meal with a bit more holding power.
A one bowl meal sure to satisfy!
- 1 cup Rainbow Quinoa (cook to package directions)
- 1 bunch Carrots (about 8 Carrots)
- 1 bunch Golden Beets (5 Beets)
- 1 bunch Red Beets (you will only use a few of these for topping)
- 1/4 cup Unrefined Coconut Oil, melted
- Garlic Salt
- Black Pepper
- 2 cups Low Salt Vegetable Broth
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees F with the rack in the middle. Prepare a baking sheet with foil or a silicone liner. Peel beets & carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces. Toss vegetables with coconut oil. Sprinkle with some garlic salt & black pepper.
- Roast veggies for about 25 minutes, until softened & caramelized. Purée in blender with the vegetable broth. Thin out soup as needed with additional broth. Spoon some quinoa into a shallow soup bowl. Ladle in soup surrounding the quinoa. Top quinoa with chopped red beets.
Roasted Vegetable Soup Recipe Links
- Roasted Butternut Squash Bisque A Sweet Pea Chef
- Curried Roast Red Pepper Soup Egginon
- Roasted Carrot Soup Set the Table
- Roasted Cauliflower & Broccoli Soup Pizza Rossa
- Roasted Red Pepper, Corn & Tomato Soup Garnish & Glaze
- Roasted Sweet Potato Soup with Lemon Yoghurt MJ & Hungryman