Happy Good Friday! I’m so excited to share this Bacon, Egg & Cheese Bread Pudding with you. This recipe is perfect for Easter. Also great for serving to mom on Mother’s Day. Actually it’s great for any time at all!
Cheddar cheese, eggs, bacon, cream & King’s Hawaiian Dinner Rolls come together wonderfully in this full flavored bread pudding.
Celebrate Spring and let your family “go pupule” (which means go crazy in Hawaiian) for King’s Hawaiian products – perfect for any Easter or Mother’s Day recipe!
King’s Hawaiian just released their first TV commercial and they are super excited for you to know about it. What makes your family go pupule?!
These breads make any family gathering special by adding a touch of fluffy sweetness…a fun twist on a classic dinner roll. And way more fun then regular bread!
I’m sure you will love the way I used the rolls in this bread pudding recipe.
- 6 King's Sweet Hawaiian Dinner Rolls
- 10 ounces Bacon, bake until crispy & crumble See recipe for Perfectly Baked Bacon, set aside 1/4 of the cooked bacon for topping
- Olive Oil Spray
- 5 large Eggs, whisked
- 3/4 cup 2% Milk
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- Parsley Flakes for topping
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees F with the rack in the middle. Spray four 8 ounce ramekins or Mini Cocottes with olive oil cooking spray. Place ramekins on a baking tray for easy oven transfer.
- Slice dinner rolls into 1/2 inch pieces. Place bread cubes on a baking sheet & toss with some cooking spray. Bake for about 6 minutes (toss half way,) until slightly brown & crispy. Remove rolls from the oven, let cool a few minutes. Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl combine eggs, cream, milk, 1/2 cup of cheese, 3/4 of the bacon & the seasonings. Add the bread to the egg mixture. Coat the bread thoroughly. Let the bread soak for 15 minutes.
- Transfer bread mixture to the mini casserole dishes. Top with the remainder of the cheddar cheese. Bake for about 25 minutes or until cheese is melted & slightly browned. Top with the remainder of the bacon crumbles & some parsley. Serve immediately.
Savory Bread Pudding Recipe Links
- Bacon Bread Pudding The Dinnervine
- Easy Cheese & Herb Bread Pudding A Communal Table
- Ham & Swiss Bread Pudding The Wicked Noodle
- Sausage, Fennel & Gruyére Miniature Egg Stratas Strawberry Plum
- Savory Indian Bread Pudding Noshing with the Nolands
- Tomato Herb Cheddar Bread Pudding Little Leopard Book
Disclosure: I’m developing recipes with King’s Hawaiian products, giving you fun & tasty new ideas to share at your table. Enjoy!