Happy Friday folks! What are your weekend plans? We will be hiking & playing outside a whole bunch.
We will also be serving up lots of healthy & cleansing eats. It’s the time of year for all kinds of spring cleaning…from organizing the home to getting the body bikini ready! I recently received The Blender Girl cookbook by Tess Masters. Featured here is her Papaya Pleasure Smoothie….and a quick thumb through her wonderful cookbook!
I have been a fan of The Blender Girl blog for quite a few years now & it’s a healthy favorite!
I’m so proud of Tess and all of her great success. I met her a few years ago in Santa Monica, CA at a TECHmunch conference I was speaking at. She is filled with life, joy and a great sense of humor. Her book captures her love for life & food (and the blender!)
The photos in The Blender Girl are gorgeous, shot by the super talented Anson Smart.
Tess blends up all kinds of plant based recipes that are versatile, gluten free, vegan & mouth watering.
There are 100 whole food recipes in the book…that are all prepared in your blender. She also offers readers “cheat sheets” with nutrient guides, nut-milk guidance, superfood info & sprouting charts.
Her blender based recipes include snacks, salads, soups, appetizers & natural sweetener based desserts. There are quite a few ingredients in each recipe, but easy to swap things in & out…easily adaptable to items you might have on hand.
A few recipes that caught my eye…
- Awesome Almond Crackers
- Berry Seed But Cultured Breakfast
- “Key Lime” Pudding
- Raw Chocolate-Orange Tart
- Sparkling Black & Blue
- Sugar-Free No-Pumpkin Pie
- & many, many more!
The Papaya Pleasure Smoothie I feature in this post can be found on page 59 of The Blender Girl.
Order your The Blender Girl Cookbook today! This would be a great gift for Mother’s Day too!
- 1 cup (240ml) unsweetened Almond Milk (strained if homemade)
- 2 cups (320g) roughly chopped Papaya
- 3/4 cup (120g) roughly chopped fresh or frozen Mango
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Flaxseed Oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground Cinnamon, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons minced Ginger, plus more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon finely grated Lemon Zest, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon alcohol-free Vanilla Extract
- 5 drops alcohol-free liquid Stevia, plus more to taste
- 1 cup (125g) Ice
- Add all ingredients into your blender & blast on high for about 1 minute until smooth & creamy. Adjust ingredients to taste.
- This recipe can be found on page 59 of Blender Girl cookbook
Smoothie Recipe Links (coming soon!)