Guess what? The 140th Kentucky Derby is less than a week away (May 2nd & 3rd, 2014) I’ve created a cocktail to you help celebrate the races & to assist y’all in celebrating any time at all!
I’ve paired non alcohol apple cider with very boozy Knob Creek Kentucky bourbon…voila!….Bourbon & Cider Delight. Oh happy days!
Aren’t these glasses AMAZING?!
I really cannot remember for the life of me where the heck I got them. Some antiques store somewhere. All I remember is when I saw them I freaked out. Instant love at first sight.
I also fell in love with this Taylor Brands pocket knife that I bought in Austin.
Sooooo. All you need for this sweet beauty (per drink) is a ice filled highball glass, a shot of your favorite bourbon, real apple cider, a squeeze of lemon juice & ginger juice and some fizzy water.
Some fresh apple wedges add a bit of style & pizzaz too…
This drink is refreshing and would be really wonderful any time of the year. I can picture omitting the ice…heating up the cider & enjoying it like a hot toddy.
Oh you know me, always thinking ahead
No matter what you are doing next weekend, whether you are watching the horse races, swinging in a hammock, or still playing in snow (as we are here in Telluride) I highly suggest you make a Bourbon & Cider Delight!
- 1 shot (1.5 ounces) Kentucky Bourbon
- 8 ounces unsweetened (non alcohol) Apple Cider
- splash fresh Lemon Juice
- splash [Ginger Juice|http://astore.amazon.com/familyfreshcooking-20/detail/B000SEKSKU}
- Sparkling Water
- Sliced Apples for rim of glass
- Fill a highball glass with ice. Add the rest of the ingredients. Top with some sparkling water. Mix with a cocktail stirrer. Garnish with sliced apple.
Bourbon Cocktail Recipe Links
- Brûléed Grapefruit Bourbon Punch Kailley’s Kitchen
- Ginger Juleps Apple a Day
- How to Make a Mint Julep Food 52
- Orange Cream Bourbon Fizz Sweet Remedy
- Peach Bourbon Iced Tea Cocktail One Martini
- Sparkling Mint Juleps The Kitchen is My Playground