Howdy! I hope you are having a nice long weekend. Today (Memorial Day) we honor & pay great respect to those who have given there lives to serve & protect our beautiful land. A heartfelt & sincere thank you to our military & their loved ones.
Today (and everyday) I give thanks to them.
Here is a delicious & healthy Quinoa Salad with Kale, Chicken, Chickpeas & Bacon. An energetic meal to help fuel your day!
There are so many of my favorite things are in this salad…
It’s protein packed & super great for ya….not to mention full of flavor!
Whether you off on a hiking adventure….looking for a great picnic dish, chillin with your family & friends.
This is the perfect meal to satisfy. Simple to prepare too, which is always a bonus!
We will be heading to some more Telluride MountainFilm events including the Closing Picnic & Awards Ceremony which is always a blast!
Enjoy your day with family & friends..be sure to try this quinoa asap!
- 1 cup dry Quinoa, cook according to package directions
- 1 pound Chicken Breast, slice into bite sized pieces
- 10 ounces Perfectly Baked Bacon crumbled into small pieces
- 1 Shallot, diced
- Garlic Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Vegetable or Canola Oil for grill pan
- 1 bunch Kale, cleaned, trimmed into small pieces, discard tough ribs
- 1 cup canned Chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- Prepare & fluff quinoa with a fork. Transfer to a large serving bowl
- Prepare bacon, crumble & set aside.
- Heat a grill pan over medium high heat with some canola oil. Season chicken with garlic salt & pepper. Sauté shallots for a few minutes until fragrant. Carefully add chicken to the pan. Cook for a few minutes on each side, let each side brown. Toss with tongs a few times until chicken is cooked through.
- Toss quinoa with the grilled chicken, bacon, chickpeas, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and kale. Serve immediately. Season with more salt & pepper if needed.
- This can be stored in the refrigerator in an air tight container for a few days. This salad is great straight out of the fridge (chilled) too!
Quinoa Salad Recipe Links
- Cilantro Pesto Veggie Quinoa Gluten Free with L.B
- Mexican Quinoa Bowl Pick Fresh Foods
- Quinoa Thai Salad The Clean Dish
- Sautéed Veggie Quinoa Salad Cox for Days
- Spring Vegetable Quinoa with Feta & Mint Scardey-Cat Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad with Goat Cheese The Little Things