I believe that sipping iced tea is something very special. Its a simple life’s pleasure that should be sipped slowly (ok, sometimes guzzled.) This Blueberry Ginger Iced Tea is certainly special & it would be as perfect sipped on a steamy summers day by the pool. Or served at a elegant gathering.
No matter what…the flavors will razzle dazzle your taste buds & the blueberry ice cubes might just melt your heart!
In this recipe I tried the new Tetley Black & Green Tetley Tea. I love the blend of my two favorite tea leaves.
I simply steeped a few tea bags, made some blueberry juice (easy peasy) and topped it all off with alcohol free ginger beer. For a stronger ginger flavor you can also add some ginger juice to taste.
This recipe is my entry for a Tetley Tea Contest for a chance to win a trip to London, UK. I have my fingers crossed that the judges on the Tetley team love it enough to send me on a journey to Europe. You know me, always looking to share amazing adventures!
Oh and let’s not forget the blueberry ice cubes…make ‘em any shape you wish.
How fun are Champagne flutes?! These drinks are Mocktails (alcohol free) but certainly worthy of any celebration.
I love sipping out of Champagne flutes whether boozy or not…it’s makes a drink so much more fun to indulge in.
Most of you know that blueberries are my favorite! I love them with tea.
Did I tell you guys that I will be cooking at the Snowmass Mammoth Chili Festival. Yep! Me & my partner Chef David Burton Sanchez are partnering up as team SmoQ ‘N Cowgirl to wow the crowd with an incredible chili recipe.
Stay tuned…I will be posting photos and of course a recipe!
Think i’ll bring this iced tea to cool us down when cooking up that hot & spicy chili!
Another way to drink iced tea…watching stunning rainbows from your balcony…
Don’t forget to pour some of this Sparkling Blueberry Ginger Iced Tea at your July 4th celebrations too!
- 4 Tetley Black & Green Tea Bags
- 4 cups boiling Water
- 2 cups Frozen Blueberries + 1 cup Water
- 1 tablespoon pure Honey
- 16 ounces (1 bottle) Ginger Beer (alcohol free)
- a few cups Frozen Blueberries
- Ginger Juice
- Add some frozen blueberries to ice cube makers. Add more to some & less to others for variety. Fill with water & freeze 4 hours to overnight.
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Steep tea bags for 5 minutes. Gently squeeze bags, remove & discard.Let cool for a bit & transfer to fridge to chill.
- In a saucepan bring blueberries to boil with 1 cup of water & honey. Mash berries against the side of pan to release juices. Place a fine mesh sieve over a heat safe bowl. Pour blueberry juice through the sieve. Again, mash the blueberries against the side of mesh to release juices. Discard mashed blueberries. Let cool a bit & transfer to fridge to chill.
- In a large pitcher add the blueberry ice cubes, chilled tea & blueberry juice. Top with ginger beer. Add ginger juice to taste for a stronger, spicier ginger flavor.
Iced Tea Recipe Links
- Fennel & Honey Iced Tea Beth Dunham
- Hibiscus Strawberry Rhubarb Iced Tea Gourmande in the Kitchen
- Iced Blueberry & Lemon Iced Tea Foodolicious Pictured
- Mango Mint Iced Tea April Golightly
- Vanilla Honey Iced Tea Lemonade Cookie Monster Cooking
- Watermelon Basil Iced Tea The Candid Appetite
Disclosure: I’m working with the fine folks at Tetley Tea to share their wonderful new Black & Green Tea. This post is entered in a contest to won a trip to London, UK.