Hello there! Why have traditional potato salad when you can mix in fresh avocado & pico de gallo? This is a mayo free potato salad that you gotta make for the 4th. Or any time at all.
Avocados are a super delish super food ingredient that we love to eat for snacks with salt, lemon juice & pepper.
We also adore them in all kinds of recipes from sweet to savories. What are avocados From Peru? They are full of flavor because of plenty of sun, limited rainfall, and pure water from the Andes Mountains! It’s a unique combination for monumental flavor.
Not only does this potato salad taste wonderful, but it is filled with beautiful colors.
Try to find the little potatoes with some purple ones. They are gorgeous!! Yellow & red tomatoes also add color kick.
Here’s a bit of Avo Advice: Not sure if your Avocado From Peru is ready to enjoy? Gently squeeze it in the palm of your hand—a ripe avocado will be firm, but will yield to gentle pressure.
Cutting an Avocado From Peru is as easy as C, T, P! Step 1) Cut a ripe Peruvian Avocado lengthwise around the seed. Turn it until you’ve cut around the entire diameter. 2)Twist the avocado halves in your hands and separate them. 3) Pit the avocado by scooping out the seed with a small spoon. Enjoy!
- 1 pound multi colored Mini Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt
- 2 Avocados from Peru, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (toss with some lime juice to preserve color)
- 2 Yellow Tomatoes, diced & seeds removed
- 2 Red Tomatoes, diced & seeds removed
- 2 diced Shallots
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup fresh Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Sweet Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Lime Zest
- add optional spice: 1/2 to 1 diced Jalapeño
- Micro Greens for topping
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees F with the rack in the middle. Toss potatoes with olive oil, garlic salt & pepper. Place them on a baking tray in a single layer, Roast for about 25 minutes or until cooked through & a bit golden. Set the potatoes aside to cool, once cooled cut each potato in 1/2.
- In a large bowl place the cooled potatoes with all the pico de gallo ingredients, gently folding in cilantro and 1 chopped avocado last. Adjust seasonings to taste & add some jalapeño if you want some spice. Top potato salad with the additional chopped avocado & micro greens.
Avocado Recipe Links
- Avocado, Mango & Bacon Salad The Kitchen Prep
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper Hotdogs with Avocado Ranch Shared Appetite
- Mexican Guacamole Burgers Tastes of Lizzy T
- Spicy Avocado Goddess Dressing Black Girl Chef’s Whites
Potato Salad Recipe Links
- Basil Sorrel Pesto Potato Salad Peaceful Dumpling
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad Center Cut Cook
- Roasted Red Potato Salad The Lazy Mom’s Cooking Blog
- Sweet Potato Salad with Charred Corn & Miso 10th Kitchen
Disclosure: I’m working with the fabulous folks at Avocados from Peru to bring you tasty flavors, recipes & ingredient ideas. All thoughts & opinions are my own.