Happy Monday! Hope you had a super weekend. I was all festive at the Telluride Wine Festival & it was ahhhhhmazing! We had perfect bluebird weather & lots of fun people in town to celebrate summer & wine.
I came up with this Quinoa “Mac” & Cheese last week when I was in Beaver Creek. It was a spontaneous creation & one that will become a staple…the styling is minimal ’cause I was on the road, but that’s ok, right?!
Are you gluten free? Trying to cut back on the carbs? LOVE mac ‘n cheese? Great! This recipe will cover all those bases & then some.
I kept things minimalist here. No toppings or mix-ins (you sure can add some if you wish.) You really don’t need ‘em.
This is in it’s purist form so you get all that creamy, cheesy goodness. Nothing else to get in the way of cheese!
Enjoy as a side dish or main course. I have mine with a fresh salad. Serve for July 4th!
While we are talkin’ quinoa here’s a few more recipes for you to dig into…
Enjoy your Quinoa Mac ‘n Cheese!
- 1 cup Quinoa, cook according to package directions
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) Mayonnaise
- Garlic Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa & while it's still hot stir in cheese & mayonnaise. Season with garlic salt & pepper to taste. Feel free to experiment with your favorite cheeses & toppings in this recipe.
Quinoa Recipe Links
- Chicken Quinoa Salad Food Fanatic
- Loaded Quinoa Salad Clean Eats for my Sweets
- Roasted Shrimp & Quinoa Salad Chef de Home
- Spinach Quinoa Quiches
- Veggie Quinoa Burgers misoginger
- Zucchini Balsamic Quinoa Salad Everybody Loves Pretty